harris.jiang

About Key

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Every time I use "BuddyTracker".It shows that my key is for another site,but I have changed it indeed.When I use "VehicleTracker" it is OK.
Why?

Fredrik

RE: About Key

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi,
The documentation regarding Google map keys unfortunately only mentions vehicletracker. VehicleTracker and BuddyTracker each need a separate key from Google.

I recently answered a similar question here: http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5779
"First, note that each Google key is only valid for a specific url. Thus you need to obtain a separate key for each application you intend to use (i.e. one for BuddyTracker and one for VehicleTracker)

The files where the keys are to be inserted are:

BuddyTracker:
..YourInstallDir/GpsGateServer/BuddyTracker/GpsGateComMaster.Master

VehicleTracker:
..YourInstallDir/GpsGateServer/VehicleTracker/VehicleTracker.aspx

At the top of each file above you should see a couple of lines looking something like this:
---snip------------------------
<!-- REPLACE THE GOOGLE MAP KEY BELOW WITH YOUR KEY AND REMOVE THE COMMENTS -->
<!--<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAAQoA7cjYV3Erx1od1HNJfWRQQsJYlTDIJkBeDgXKSRUG4otIBpxT6Vrhw0rsWt7zy9WMWLAcIq_PZBg" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
<!-- END GOOGLE MAP KEY SECTION-->
------------------------------

Simply paste the key you received from Google between the separator comments.

!Note: The Google keys are _case-sensitive_, that means you need to paste the key/url _exactly_ as you got it from Google.

We intend to simplify the handling of Google keys in future releases, so that you shouldn't need to do this manually."

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

harris.jiang

RE: About Key

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:34 am

It is OK now.
Thank you!

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”