emmy

GpsGate server v1.1 installation issues

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi,

i have done the initial installation with the Install.exe application but when i try to open the GpsGate Administrator page opens in a browser but displays an error message:

"Server application Unavailable.

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur"

i am trying to locate the application event log and see the problem is. I'll need a your help with this.

emmy

RE: GpsGate server v1.1 installation issues

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:19 pm

I went through theapplication log and found the source for the error was the ASPNET V2.0...
I copied below..

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1084
Date: 8/4/2007
Time: 7:08:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: IPWORKSFILESERV
Description:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1007
Date: 8/4/2007
Time: 7:08:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: IPWORKSFILESERV
Description:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

the username i choose when setting up was not that of a local account on the server.
When i try to use the local account details i get an ODBC/SQL error.

emmy

Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:55 am

i tried reinstalling all the individual components needed for this server to run, mysql, ODBC, ASP.NET V2.0...... but i still get the error;

"server application unavailable"

I am thinking there is a config i have to adjust with the IIS. I am using a 2003 windows server machine.
Johan i need your help with this.

emmy

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 pm

i moved my server installation to an XP machine and it installed properly with no hitches.
i am thinking that the issues i was having had to do with IIS version 6 on 2003 server and a ASP.net v1.1/v2.0. I will look into it and post my results here.

1, I noticed that the "GpsGate.Service.exe.config" file did not include the ports that starsnav Rover uses, but i
have made the neccesary adjustments:

<add key ="NmeaPort" value="30175"/>
<add key ="UdpNmeaPort" value="30175"/>
<add key ="StarsNavUdpPort" value="6080"/>
<add key ="StarsNavTcpPort" value="6082"/>

2, Unlike the GpsGateServer 1.0, do i need to have the GpsGate for windows installed and configured on my server for
the server to receive data from the car? I am using the starsnav Rover.

Please do reply this post..... i noticed that my earlier ones were not answered

emmy

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:33 pm

i just ran a short test and i discovered that i do not need GpsGate for windows.
The starsnav Rover's position is being shown. I guess that answers my question.

I noticed there were no buttons that shows the Rover's/car's position on the map. I can see the tracks though.How do i get buttons to show on the map at the rover's last position?

Fredrik

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi,

Your Win 2003 problem might be caused by the access level set for ASP.NET. See for example http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892509
quote: "
1. Log on to the Windows Server 2003-based computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
2. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3. In the IIS Manager MMC snap-in, expand ComputerName (local computer), and then click Web Service Extensions.
4. In the details pane, right-click each Web extension that you want to enable, and then click Allow.

For example, if you want to enable ASP.NET, right-click ASP.NET in the Web Service Extension list, and then click Allow.
"

Sorry for the slow answer, we're currently working on improving the install & upgrade scenarios. Your reports help!

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Fredrik

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:51 pm

* Update
Starting from GspGate Server v1.1 build 206 (released 09/14/2007) my advice above regarding the ASP.NET access level no longer applies, it should now be handled automatically during the install.

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”