Rico

Installing BuddyTracker on a Server

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:08 pm

New to this...I'm not sure if I understand which directory is a suitable place on the server to run the buddy tracker.

The Directory that all downloaded files was unzipped is currently in: <font color="navy">C:\gpsgate\GpsGateServer\GpsGateServer\BuddyTracker</font id="navy">

The guide specifically states: Note! The local path cannot point to a mapped drive or a user specific path such as the desktop.

I'm at the "Using Google Maps installation Steps" in the guide and when I edit the settings.js file the line that I'm looking for does not exist "function getGMapKey()"

Would this be due to Buddy Tracker folder being in the wrong place?
If so, Where should I place it?

Fredrik

RE: Installing BuddyTracker on a Server

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi,
This is an error in the documentation, we're very sorry about this :(

So, instead of settings.js you should edit the "GpsGateComMaster.Master" file in the BuddyTracker root directory.

At the top of the file you'll find something like this:
------------------------------------
<!-- REPLACE THE GOOGLE MAP KEY BELOW WITH YOUR KEY AND REMOVE THE COMMENTS -->
<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAAQoA7cjYV3Erx1od1HNJfWRQQsJYlTDIJkBeDgXKSRUG4otIBpxT6Vrhw0rsWt7zy9WMWLAcIq_PZBg" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- END GOOGLE MAP KEY SECTION-->
------------------------------------
As the comment above says you should replace this with the key you obtained from Google when registering.

(If you've experimented with VehicleTracker you'll find that this is the same procedure it uses regarding the GMap key, the docs have somehow lost sync..)

Regards,
Fredrik

Franson Support

Rico

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:30 am

OK, Thanks very much Fredrik!

Rico

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 am

I did a search for the <font color="green">"GpsGateComMaster.Master"</font id="green"> file and it does not exist in the BuddyTracker root directory or anywhere in the GpsGate Server directory!

Rico

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Downloaded updated file from website and reinstalled, found file!

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”