Refresh

New Server Install - localhost

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:04 am

Firstly congratulations on all your excellent products and now the server.

I have installed the server as per GpsGate.com on a dedicated machine. However I am getting the following error:

"An unknown eror has occurred, the site may not work as it should, please logout and login again"

I have logged out and back in several times but the error remains.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

bokelund

RE: New Server Install - localhost

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

Have you followed the guide in doc\index.htm? How far did you get? Are you able to open install.aspx on the in a browser on the local machine?

Regards,
Bjorn Bokelund

Franson Support

Refresh

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Bjorn,

Yes I opened the guide in the doc folder, starting with index.htm. When I open install.aspx I get the following error - I did not get this before:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.24a-community-nt]MySQL server has gone away
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.24a-community-nt]MySQL server has gone away

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

There is a lot more in the stack trace. Do you also need that?

I get a similar error with Home.aspx today. Previously I was able to login and logout, both as admin and sampleuser.

bokelund

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:28 pm

This particular error is because the connection to the MySQL server has timed out. To solve this do the following:

For IIS 5:
1. Close all browsers.
2. Stop all Visual Studio debug sessions.
3. Open the task manager, locate the process called aspnet_wp.exe and select end process.

For IIS 6:
1. Close all browsers.
2. Stop all Visual Studio debug sessions.
3. Open the IIS manager, open Application Pools, select the folder corresponding to the web site you are using (DefaultAppPool for example) and press stop / start.

We are currently looking in to this issue.

Regards,
Bjorn Bokelund

Franson Support

Refresh

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks, a reboot solved that for me also.

But of course the original problem is now showing again.

bokelund

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Ok, I will contact you by mail to work this out.

Regards,
Bjorn Bokelund

Franson Support

tonyh

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:08 am

Greetings Folks,

I think this topic has been cross posted in "error MYSQL" but I am having the same issue and I'm currently unable to get past the Install.aspx page with the current build of GpsGateServer (v1.0 build 17).

I have purchased a license for GpsGateServer (and I have an existing standard license for GpsGate) but, unfortunately, I can't even finish the installation. I am familiar with and have used ASP.NET/MySQL/ODBC in other dynamic Web applications so it is not a "standard" installation problem.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Tony from San Diego

Here is the MySQL ODBC exception and stack trace:

Exception Details:
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY010] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.33]

Stack Trace:
[OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HY010] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.33]]
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.NextResult(Boolean disposing, Boolean allresults) +1162555
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.NextResult() +8
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillSchemaFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, SchemaType schemaType, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader) +224
System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader) +141
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchemaInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior) +184
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior) +134
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType, String srcTable) +86
Franson.DAO.DAOBase.AddTable(String strTableName) +300
Franson.Install.DB.DAO.ModuleDAOSQL.GetModuleVersions() +78
Franson.Install.DB.ModuleVersionCollection.LoadAllVersion() +65
Franson.Install.DB.ModuleVersionCollection.LoadLatestUniqueVersions() +35
Install.m_displayInstalledModules() +113
Install.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1069
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”