limyo

Feedback and suggest on new feature STATUS

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:41 am

Dear support team,

Add new features is good for improvement system for better work.
But some adding new features also make difficult to end users, for example the release 14-June-2018 add new Status.
I found issue sometimes vehicles stand still but gps drift with speed>0.1km/h it also show status Moving with Arrow icon while Engine Off, sometimes device already offline but it still display Arrow icon with grey color with Unknown status.
LSG.jpg
Status
LSG.jpg (75.7 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Unknown.png
Unknown status
Unknown.png (15.37 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

Experiences with customers:
Customers can use different GPS model and they may have different vehicles status definition.
Customer use same GPS model but install on different type of vehicles for use different purposes also have different status definition.
A customer can use different kind of GPS model like some on vehicles, some portable GPS for personal tracking, so they can have different status definition.

I suggest the status should be able to customize.
Please see my sample screen
A01.jpg
Status rule
A01.jpg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

Another suggestion keep previous Connection status (like Online, Offline, Never Been seen, Yellow status is no GPS signal), and the new Status is as new features.
https://s33.postimg.cc/icydablin/A03.jpg

Hope your team consider my suggestion.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

Agustin94

Re: Feedback and suggest on new feature STATUS

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:55 am

I agree with Yo Lim, usually, Status detect that a vehicle is moving when actually is drifting. That could be confusing for end users.

I also think the new status icons are a good improvement, in order to make a user interface more friendly.

Niklas
GpsGate

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you both for your feedback and a detailed suggestion. This helps us understand what is needed by the end users.

We are actively working on making improvements to the Status Icon concept, so keep an eye out for future updates.

Thanks again!
Regards,
Niklas

GpsGate Support

limyo

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:25 am

Dear Support team,

I installed latest beta Update.V5 yesterday, but still not see any improve Status display and filter interface for Status.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

johan
GpsGate

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am

You need to be more detailed what you mean by "no improvement" for us to be able to understand what you mean.

What you have in the latest BETA and what comes in the July 19th Release is that the yellow status is back, when the device is connecting but there is no valid position.
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

limyo

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Hello Johan,

What I mean improve is I don't see features I suggested on 16-Jun-2018 "the status should be able to customize".
As I mentioned before, different customers, has some different definition of vehicles status.

I hope you consider my suggestion.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”