bluenarf

GPS Fleet wont download update

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 pm

I have installed Patch and Mobile plugins from beta.gpsgate.com and when i open the app on my ios device it just says that it cant connect to server. Any ideas where to turn to?

- Paul

johan
GpsGate

Re: GPS Fleet wont download update

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:30 am

Can you login from your mobile phone using a browser?
Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

bluenarf

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:39 am

Yes. I can log in from my mobile web browser. I have tried installing the patch and mobile plugins from update.gpsgate.com and still no change. The only thing I'm doing differently is that I'm using an ip address and not a host name to access the server over the web.

- Paul

Mattias
GpsGate

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi!

During which step do you get this error? Are you on the "Settings/Update" page, right after entering your server address? Or at the login page?
Have you been running the app before or is this a new install?
Are you sure that the IP address is still the same? Why aren't you using the host name?
Also, if you haven't installed GpsGate Server in the root path on your web server you need to include that in the server address, e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/GpsGateServer/
Regards,
Mattias

bluenarf

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 pm

I have not used the app before. I am seeing this message just after I put in server address. It tells me update is available and when I press download it says cannot connect to server.

I have the server installed in the root directory and the reason I'm not using a host name is that this isn't a production environment.

Mattias
GpsGate

Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Alright! This seems to be a common problem so we are working on ways to simplify it, but basically you need to do this:

1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Settings -> Mobile
3. Enter "http://YOURIP/m-chcp/" (or HTTPS) into Repository (Content URL)

Let me know if this helped!
Regards,
Mattias

bluenarf

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 am

Ok, its currently set to: http://localhost:80/m-chcp/

But when i try to change it i get the following error in the administrator panel: An error occurred: Access to the path 'C:\GpsGateServer\IIS\m-chcp\chcp.json' is denied.

-------------UPDATE-------------

So i changed permissions of the above file to all (tell me about the security implications)

and now i get a hash error on the file m/index.html not matching checksums???

- Paul

Mattias
GpsGate

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks for the feedback! The last error is also a permission issue (on C:\GpsGateServer\IIS\m-chcp\chcp.manifest).
We are working on a fix for this. I'll let you know when an update is available (1-3 days).
Regards,
Mattias

mirana204

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:37 am

I have installed Patch and Mobile plugins from beta.gpsgate.com and when i open the app paris airport car service on my ios device it just says that it cant connect to server. Any ideas where to turn to?

- Paul

Same problem, thank you for the subject I will see the suggestions hoping to find a solution.

Mattias
GpsGate

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 pm

A fix has been released. Update to the latest Patch.v4 and Mobile plugins from beta.gpsgate.com and try again. Let me know if it works!
Regards,
Mattias

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”