ReinhardtNortje

Reporting - EC1002 split by tag

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi ,

I have multiple clients that want the data in their reports broken down into different departments.

For this I have set up tags and Roles to limit what department managers can see however the problem comes in with the general managers that need to see all data.

General managers do not want to see a big list of vehicles but instead they want it broken down per [Tag] (Department).

I have joined the [Tags] table onto the R1_RESULT report query for the EC1002 report and grouped the data in the report manager by Tag which gives me the ECO report split by tag and works hundred percent when the reports are run manually from within the portal however there is a problem with the automated report ,it is almost as if it does not process the users roles correctly due to the extra Join in the report query. Some users do not receive the same data as when they run the report manually and some receive blank reports whereas when they run it manually it populates.

Does anyone know of a clean way to split the data in reports by the tags without impacting the way Roles are applied to the report when automated ?

Thanks in advance

ReinhardtNortje

Re: Reporting - EC1002 split by tag

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Attached is an example of my report and what I am looking for
Attachments
report.png
report.png (101.05 KiB) Viewed 4111 times

gpsgate.user

Re: Reporting - EC1002 split by tag

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:34 am

general manager should have separate role that can see all the vehicles and to show only the department tags, you need to create new query for tags that select only the department tags and change the default [Tag] parameter from query editor.

for the automatic reporting, you need to setup the Roles for each department and under _ReadData, checked only specific tags but make sure from the report, all department tags must be selected
Regards,
gpsgate.user

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”