piter197

Strange track line and lost mileage

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Support,

When I draw track, I realize that track line now not in solid but dashed, some track lines are in semi transparent color. This also affect trip mileage calculation (lower than should be).

on the picture above, In Tracks points panel, I have data row for 27/10/2015 16:49:28 and data row for 27/10/2015 16:51:51 with blue color track.

This device have been set to send tracking data each 100 meter (0,10 in OdometerAcc) distance interval.

The missing data rows are near 27/10/2015 16:50 (10 track points if we max zoom on the corner) if we click one of the track point arrow on the corner of semi-transparent track line we can see balloon pop-up above the track point.

Please rectify this problem, and how to get correct mileage calculation (not under because of missing track lines).

Best Regards,
piter197

johan
GpsGate

RE: Strange track line and lost mileage

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:47 pm

1. You are missing data most likely because the device did not send any data for those positions. If there are any parsing errors you would see it in the ErrorLog.

2. Even if some track points are missing, there would be no "lost mileage". If you have set the Device Odometer to use OdometerAcc, it will just use the last known accumulated value. You should see no difference.

3. For the dashed track you have most likely activated "Advanced Filtering on Tracks"
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/advanced ... _on_tracks

However that is just a display filter and will not affect distance calculation of the number of track points displayed.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

piter197

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi Johan,

I never activate Filtering before. And when I open Advanced Filters menu, the Filter based on selection still disabled/grey (none enabled).

I click Apply filter button (with filter still not enabled) and close dialog. Then I try to draw the track again, now the track have solid line and all data rows can be seen in Track points panel.

If I logoff then login again, this filtering problem appear again.

This happen not only on 1 vt application but on all vt applications.

Best Regards,
piter197

Kerem

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi piter197,

Can you email us the login credentials on support at gpsgate dot com?
We will take a closer look at this.

Regards,
Kerem

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”