gltrack

Translating Gps Gate Server

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

I'll need to know if other than the new translation method described below that uses the Localization Editor

http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/localization_editor

the old method described below that require manual xml file editing is still supported/working

http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/language_editing
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/translat ... n_language
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6880

I need to complete an already existing Gps Gate server language file, translating missing part and modifying some parts already translated.

The Localization Editor is handy, but I don't like the fact that under the "Key" column, for already translated phrases there is the phrase tag key and not the text inside the tag itself.

Taking as an example the phrase below

<Phrase key="VT_VEHICLE_TC_TRACK">Track</Phrase>

the Localization Editor only shows " VT_VEHICLE_TC_TRACK " , this make it difficult to revise an existing translation.

gltrack

RE: Translating Gps Gate Server

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:06 pm

On english .lang files there is a parameter named "guid" like this one:

guid="d2852ba3-1f41-d69c-7903-110876ff3b72"

On additional language files installed as a plugin this parameter is missing.

When translating new files, should I delete this value from the english base file ?

Henrik
GpsGate

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi, you should not delete the GUID:s. They are automatically created and based on the language name, the key lng="English" for the English files for example.

Ignore the GUIDs as they are handled automatically. If you create a new language in the Localization Editor, change some keys and export the custom file, you will see that GUIDs are created automatically in the exported file.

If you want to translate files manually you can do that and add the files to the "..\GpsGateServer\IIS\Resources\Languages" directory. The key lng="your language name" is used to match multiple files to one language.

Regards,
Henrik

GpsGate Support

gltrack

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi, I'm not using the Localization Editor but I'm manually editing the included English files.

So, at the end I have the English file and the new language file that share the same Guid value.

Greg

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

The GUID is per language and not per file.
If you creating a new Language (ie: 'My English') then just give it a name and ignore the GUID in the file.
If you want a new file for your English language then the GUID should be the same as in your other English files.

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

gltrack

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Feature suggestion:

enable editing of Phrase key tag content directly from Vehicle Tracker interface, showing an edit icon next to the voice to translate or when the mouse goes over that particular voice.

Often is better to look at the meaning of the voice to translate directly from the interface of Vehicle Tracker where the voice itself is placed.

This option should be enabled/disabled only when needed.

Greg

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,

The word(s) under the Phrase column is what you see in the UI while the Key is what is used internally. Therefore, anything you see under the Phrase column is present in the UI (except if there is a Custom Translation present).

Are you trying to translate an existing language (add to it) or are you trying to create a new language?

If you're creating a new language, basing it on English will show all the Key-Phrases pairs as in the language files. That is as long as you don't have custom translations for your English language.

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

gltrack

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi,

no problem with translation, I've already completed the translation of the main language file and even many plugins language files located inside the "Languages" folder.

I don't use the "Localization Editor" plugin, but I use my own editor of xml files.

What I was looking for is a way to easily find the words under the Phrase column on their actual position on the web interface.

Sometimes, especially when you need to translate a long phrase and not only few words, It's better see the context where the words to translate are placed on the web interface.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”