shane

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:08 am

I install gpsgate server twice now and I alway get this same error every time I click finish. Please need your help.

Also I have an old gpsgate server install on a different server but I can not access the SiteAdmin but i have the admin login. The SiteAdmin refers to is removed or not found

Fredrik

RE: HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi,
Please verify that you have enabled all the 'ASP.NET' versions and '.NET Extensibility' features in IIS, and also 'IIS Management Console'.
Also double check that 'Static content', and 'Default document' are enabled.

In Windows Server 2012 these settings are found in the "Add Roles and Features wizard".

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

shane

RE: HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:09 am

Originally posted by Fredrik

Hi,
Please verify that you have enabled all the 'ASP.NET' versions and '.NET Extensibility' features in IIS, and also 'IIS Management Console'.
Also double check that 'Static content', and 'Default document' are enabled.

In Windows Server 2012 these settings are found in the "Add Roles and Features wizard".

Regards,

Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

Hi Fredrik, sorry Im new to this, can you give more details. I did add the ISS role, I didnt change anything, just next, next and done.

HCPD

Re: HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:19 am

I'm having the same problem, but specifically, mine says this:

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found
The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

I saw the comments about the following:
Please verify that you have enabled all the 'ASP.NET' versions and NET Extensibility' features in IIS, and also 'IIS Management Console'. Also double check that 'Static content', and 'Default document' are enabled.

But I am using Windows Server 2008 R2. Does this apply, and if so, where would I find them?

Fredrik

Re: HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Yes, those instructions apply.
In this case probably missing ASP.NET version.

In Windows Server you'll find and install those features in the Server Manager, see Manage->"Add Roles and Features Wizard".
Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”