Machtl

New devicemapper from instance

Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:14 pm

hi,

i've done it before, but i don't know to do it again... :-(

how to create a new devicemapper instance from an existing devicemapper?

for example, there is the "Teltonika FM5300 Default Mapper", how to copy/clone that Default Mapper to a new name? i don't see the button anymore...

GGS Patch4: 4.0.0.3044

thx, martin.

johan
GpsGate

RE: New devicemapper from instance

Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Create a new Device Type under SiteAdmin -> Devices (top menu) -> Types (left menu)

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Machtl

Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:27 pm

hi,

ok thx, but this was changed a while ago or? there was a "new" button directly in the device-mapper in the vehicletracker in the past right?

its funny, because the copy of the default mapper i created a while ago works and shows up directly in the vehicetracker device-mapper like it should, but its not listed in the SiteAdmin -> Devices -> Types -> Mapper :-)

ciao
martin

multitechsb

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm

I think after the last patch that there is a bug. In an application, we used to be able to create a copy of a device mapper by selecting Admin > Device Mapper and clicking New. The New command button is now missing in the Admin>Device Mapper window.
If however this is not a bug and the New button has been removed and the only way to create a copy of a device mapper is through SiteAdmin, then this is a big problem as all the customized device mappers from all the applications will be lumped together in one place.

johan
GpsGate

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:39 pm

It can in many cases be better to use Device Mapper Scripts conditioned by Custom Field variables, like in this guide:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/how_to_c ... _scripting

If you still have issues, please contact support @ gpsgate.com for work a rounds.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”