AndrewC
GpsGate

RE: FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Intergation

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Jay,

Is there a chance that it is failing to parse the input in some way? Try the Expected Date Format of: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssZ

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:18 am

I now have the plug-in up and running, and updating an sde geodatabase through a web based feature service. It works quite well. We are updating at 1 minute intervals and it does not appear to affect performance, although the application we are testing with only has five vehicles so that probably is not the best indicator. The only issue that I have not been able to resolve is the lastSeen time problem reported below. I will do some more investigation on my own to see if I can figure out where the value is getting modified.

There is a lot of interest in this functionality among our users. Do you know when it might be released from beta?

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

johan
GpsGate

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 am

It will be released from beta after the summer.

After that we will add more features over time. Much depending on user demands.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Johan,

We have a potential launch client for using this Plug-In. It will be 32 licenses initially, but may increase to 300. We will know next week if we have won, and the deadline for Go-Live is August 31st. Will the plug-in be out of beta by then?

Regards,
Jay

J. F. Florey

johan
GpsGate

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

End of August it should be released.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:28 pm

ArcGIS v4.0.0.2885 Released: 2015-08-11
* FEATURE: Connector for GpsGate Server to ArcGIS Server
Read more: http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/arcgis_g ... ntergation

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 am

Hi All,

Will you be releasing this for 10.3.1? I ran into a problem with our GeoEvent Processor after a Windows Server 2012 R2 update. On ESRI's web site, the recommended fix was to upgrade the GeoEvent Processor to 10.3.1. Here is a link to the ESRI forum discussing the problem: https://geonet.esri.com/message/544691#544691
When I upgraded to 10.3.1, the GeoEvent Processor no longer recognized the transport.

Cheers,
Jay

Greg

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:46 am

Hi,

What is the error you're getting in your GeoEvent Processor?

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Greg,

Before the upgrade to 10.3.1, I was getting this error:
Failed to create connection cxn-73279 com.rabbitmq.client.AuthenticationFailureException:

ACCESS_REFUSED - Login was refused using authentication mechanism PLAIN.

After the upgrade, a white exclamation point in a red circle appears next to the GpsGate Input with an error message "Stopping stream GpsGate Input because the Transport is not available."
On the Site ... Components ... Transports page, the transport initially listed with a version of 10.3.0, all of the other transports listed a version of 10.3.1. I tried reloading the transport, thinking it might pick up the new version. Instead reloading the transport failed. The banner at the top of the page says that the .jar file was added successfully, but the transport does not display in the list of available transports.

Jay

Greg

Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:49 am

What are the error messages related to the GpsGate Transport in the error logs of ArcGIS GeoEvent processor?

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Greg,

There are no error messages in the GeoEvent Processor log. The symptoms are the same as when I tried to install on 10.2 (see posts of 6/11 - 6/16). GeoEvent Processor reports that the import succeeded, but the name of the transport does not get added to the list.

Regards,
Jay

Greg

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi JayFF,

Sorry for the delay is answering.
After updating my ArcGIS server to 10.3.1 I experience a similar issue to yours, my inputs stopped working because the Transport is not available.
However, when navigating to Site -> Components -> Transports I can see the 'GpsGate Server Http Pull' Transport version 10.3.0.
I was able to fix the issue by creating a new new Connector on ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager (Site -> GeoEvent -> Connectors -> Create Connector) and use the Http-GpsGateServer as transport.
At this point you will have to create a new input using the above created connector.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi Greg,

I still can not successfully add the transport. I went back to the blog today and downloaded the latest copy of the .zip file. I then used the Add Local Transport button on the Site -> Components -> Transports page to try to add the transport from the GpsGate-inbound-transport-10.3.0.jar file. At the end of the process, the GeoEvent Manager displayed a banner at the top that the Transport was added successfully, but the name of the transport does not appear in the list of available transports. I tried re-loading the web page and searching for the name without success. Is there a setting you used to allow GeoEvent Manager to add earlier version transports?

Regards,
Jay

J. F. Florey

Greg

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:01 am

Hi JayFF,

I did not use any settings.
First I updated ArcGIS Server to 10.3.1 and then ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager to 10.3.1. This broke the inbound connector however I was able to create a new one using the GpsGate Transport which was always present in the Transport list.

It's hard to debug without any error message and especially since you're getting the 'Transport was added successfully' message when you re-add the transport.

One thing you can try to do is to go delete the GpsGate-inbound-transport-10.3.0.jar from the GeoEvent installation folder (on my server it is here: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\deploy\ ) and try to reinstall the Transport using the ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager by going to Site -> Components -> Transports

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:06 am

Hi Greg,

The version issue has come up again. We have a client who had to install ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 because of a license issue. I downloaded the latest version of the .jar file today. The install completed and the transport appears in the list of available transports. However when we tried to import the configuration, it failed with this error:
Import configuration completed with errors. Imported the connector 'GpsGateConnector', however the transport 'com.esri.ges.transport.inbound/HTTP-GpsGateServer/10.3.1' is invalid (it probably doesn't exist).
I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this error.

Regards,
Jay

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”