Greg

FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Intergation

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:01 pm

The integration between ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor and GpsGate Server allows to pull vehicles latest position from GpsGate Server and use it within an ArcGIS Server.
This integration will only pull changes, therefore, you will only receive data if a vehicle position updated/changed since last pull.

More info, including install instructions, available on our blog: http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/arcgis_g ... ntergation

Regards,
Greg

GpsGate Support

JayFF

RE: FEATURE: ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor Intergation

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:00 am

I tried to follow the instructions today and had a couple of issues. When I tried to Add Local Transport, I got a message stating that adding the transport succeeded, but the name did not appear in the list of available transports. Importing the Configuration Store also succeeded, but the new input had a different name (5f81624e-8f45-4e20-87ec-129416d237e7) and it won't start because it can't find the transport name. I downloaded the latest files from the link on the blog entry.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Best Regards,
Jay Florey

J. F. Florey

Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi,
1. What version of ArcGIS Server are you running?
2. If you navigate to Services -> Inputs. Click "Add Input" is "GpsGate Connector" available there?

Regards,
GpsGate Support
Bjorn Andersson

JayFF

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks for following up.

We are running ArcServer 10.2.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I have attached a screenshot of the Services ... Inputs page but I can't figure out how to either paste it into the forum or attach it to an entry. The name is 5f81624e-8f45-4e20-87ec-129416d237e7
Connector: GpsGate Connector
Status: UNAVAILABLE - No transport available matching this name/version : com.esri.ges.transport.inbound/HTTP-GpsGateServer/10.2.2.
I rechecked the Site ... Components ... Transports list again this morning since the machine was restarted and the Transport is not there.

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

JayFF

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi All,
Not sure if this is a quirk of the way that we installed our GPSGate server, but we have to use a slightly different url to access the positions. The example in the blog is:
http://example.com/GpsGateServer/servic ... zicuYsYzZO

We use:
http://example.com/services/Arcgisgeoev ... zicuYsYzZO

The difference is that we don't need the /GpsGateServer/ element in the url, we go directly from the domain to services.

This looks like it might be very useful. Are there plans to include event codes in the query response?

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

johan
GpsGate

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Yes, "/GpsGateServer/" should be replaced by the IIS path you installed GpsGate Server to. And if you installed it to the root you remove it. (Will update the blog).

The plan is to make it possible to integrate most objects you see in the normal web interface. But it will be done step by step over time.

If you have a substantial business case, please contact support @ gpsgate.com for a further discussion.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:55 am

Hi All,

After some additional research this afternoon, I think the problem I had importing the .jar transport file might be caused by a version difference in ArcGIS Server. I found some subtle differences in the input xml, including a new tag in the GPSGate version "label". I am working on getting a 10.3 ArcGIS Server machine up an running and will keep you posted on results. The GpsGate Connector imported without errors, and the GpsGateUserPosition GeoEvent Definition also imported without errors.

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

JayFF

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 am

It was a version issue. I now have GeoEvent Processor for 10.3 installed and both imports succeeded without issue.

Will keep updating as I work through completing the process.

Regards,
Jay

J. F. Florey

JayFF

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 am

I have this working in Arc 10.3. It is correctly creating or updating features in my feature class as appropriate. I have a couple of comments. Would it be possible to send the Name property in addition to the Username property? That way I could label the ESRI features with the same name that displays in our application. It seems to have trouble pulling the speed and heading values out of the JSON. I created a mapping processor, but the values always come through as 0. The top level values (userName, userID, and lastseen) are transmitting fine, although the lastseen time is being converted from the input time to a different time zone.

Regards,
Jay

J. F. Florey

JayFF

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:51 am

One additional item I've just noticed. The lastSeen time in the message doesn't match the time in the track points.

Jay

J. F. Florey

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi Jay,

Glad to hear that your issue was solved with your current version. Thanks for the feedback about the Name property, we shall look into this for the next update to the plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

When making a call to GetLatestPositions, the LastSeen property in the result for each user returned is the time stamp of their last known position. The time returned is given in the UTC timezone.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Andrew,

After some additional investigation this morning, it appears as though the time stamp in the JSON is the time of the request, and not the time of the track point being reported. I'm requesting positions at one minute intervals for this test, so the differences are small.

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Jay,

Just to clarify. Are you referring to the raw JSON generated by a request to the ArcGISGeoEventService handler's GetLatestPositions resource, specifically the LastSeen timestamp?

Thanks,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

JayFF

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi Andrew,

I apologize. I went back and rechecked the outputs I created. I have one output that simply passes the input directly to a .csv file. The time in that .csv file is correct. Next, I added a field mapper. When I ran the input through the field mapper, the lastSeen time somehow got modified to be the processing time and not the JSON time. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened.

Cheers,
Jay

J. F. Florey

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”