CRVaz

RE: FEATURE: Commands panel redesign

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 am

Another suggestion is that the command historic, appear only commands made by the User Operator, The Administrator commands should not appear for the Operator

husky92

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:45 pm

@Niklas

All our translations are done in the language files manually, since this is the way we have done things since before the language edition utility appeared. All worked fine with translations of the commands until the new command panel solutions appeared. Our langauge file contains phrase keys for all relevant command names as in the example below.

<Module name="Commands">
<ClientServer>
<Phrase key="MotionMode21600x60NoVibr">Bevegelsmodus 1 min / 6 timer</Phrase>
<Phrase key="MotionMode21600x600NoVibr">Bevegelsmodus 10 min / 6 timer</Phrase>
</ClientServer>
</Module>

Another problem is the presentation of the right-click commmands menu introduced. Somme command names are to long and appear outside of the popup, and for administrators which have access to many commands, the list is shown outside of the browser window.

I would have preferred having the commands panel include the option to run commands from here rather than the right click solution. The right-click menu for the object/users are already overloaded.

Best Regards,

komoreks

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm

The previous command bar at the bottom was much better. Perhaps we can have an optional floating or dock-able custom command bar?

User rights for commands would make this a much better system.

What is really need is a sort-able or way to select what commands come before other commands and in what order. That would have a profound positive impact. In the command tab on the sitadmin page could list an option for what number in a the line of commands a certain command can be shown.

Keep up the good work

simonaogstino

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Support team,

when I open the command window is showing the message "NO COMMAND SENT" and when I right click on the car and send a command it is still showing the same message, this is first

second, when you are trying to send a command it shows a long list with all the commands but you need to zoom out your browser to see all the commands.

Regards

<font color="blue">Simon Aogstino</font id="blue">

Niklas
GpsGate

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:57 pm

A new Patch.v4 has been released to the beta.gpsgate.com repository in SiteAdmin. This should solve the issue with translations not showing up when editing the .lang files.

Give it a try and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks for the input on the command panel, we will have this in mind.

Regards,
Niklas

GpsGate Support

CRVaz

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi,

I'm updating and is giving the following error:

Server error There was an error during plugin deployment. Please click Continue.
Plugin name
Patch.v4
Status
Could not install database packages: Error executing 'C:\GpsGateServer\Deploy\DeployPackages\com.GpsGate\Patch.v4\DbPackages\GpsGateServerModule_4.0.0.ZZA.MSSQL.sql'

Progress of the current plugin deployment action.

Regards

komoreks

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Can we fix the sorting error? Under the execute commands (right clicking) it is showing the commands (not in alphabetical order) in random order.

Also It would be great to have the ability to customize the order of the command list. Being able to choose which one is shown first ect.

husky92

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:30 pm

The translations are not working even after the latest beta parch update.

Best Regards,

Niklas
GpsGate

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:54 pm

@CRVaz
A new Patch.v4 has been released that should solve the issue you are experiencing.

@komoreks
Default sorting will change to alphabetical in the next update of the command panel. I will post here when this is released.

@husky92
I have identified an issue with translated commands not working in the context menu when right clicking a vehicle to send a command. Is the command translated properly in the Commands panel in your application?

Regards,
Niklas

GpsGate Support

husky92

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:01 pm

@Niklas

No translations of command names in commmand panel nor context menu. All other translations related to the command panel works. All other translations in our installation works fine. All translations are done manually in the lang (xml) files.

Best Regards,

Niklas
GpsGate

Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:19 pm

@simonaogstino

I am not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Just to be sure: Do you see any error messages when you send the command? Check for any message/error in the application at the top of the screen, also in the browser console (hit F12 to bring it up).

Are you in a different timezone than the server hosting your application?

We are aware that some users have many commands and the list can get very long. We are looking into this.

Regards,
Niklas

GpsGate Support

husky92

Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi!

Just to summarize our current problems with the commands panel redesign:
1. Command names are not translated based on .lang files. This worked in the previous commands panel. The commands needs to be translated in 1) the command panel history 2) the command selection list/contect menu for objects, 3) in the Device manager plugin
2. The context-menu/object-right-click menu will not show all commands if the list is long, and the sorting seem random.
3. The commands sent from the Device Manager plugin does not show in the Commands panel
4. The command names are not translated in the Device Manager or in Terminal plugins.

In general, I found the old commands panel better and simpler for end users. The context menu for objects is now overloaded, and will only work well when there are just a few commands to select from.

Best Regards,

simonaogstino

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:00 pm

@Nikolas,

The only message that I can see is COMMAND NAME is sent to : CAR NAME , and I can see some time the error : Internal server error.
regarding the time zone I test that on the server itself and I got the same result.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

<font color="blue">Simon Aogstino</font id="blue">

Niklas
GpsGate

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:24 pm

A new version of Patch.v4 is available from the beta.gpsgate.com repository in SiteAdmin. Commands in the context menu (right clicking a vehicle) is now sorted alphabetically.

@husky92
Try with the latest patch and see if this solves your translate issue with commands in the panel and context menu. Also, thanks for the summary.

We are investigating what is causing the inconsistencies between sending commands via the Device Manager (missing translations included) and the vehicle menu.

Regards,
Niklas

GpsGate Support

markus
GpsGate

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Originally posted by husky92
2. The context-menu/object-right-click menu will not show all commands if the list is long, and the sorting seem random.

@husky92

How many commands do you have in your list? Would be good to know so that we have something to optimize upon.

Best regards Markus
GpsGate employee

GPS tracking - Vehicle tracking

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”