I have suggestion regarding commands.
If user has no rights to execute commands, commands should not be visible in the menu under section workspace --> View. And command tab should not be visible in the default workspace.
And possibly you could consider to add possibility to control main menu content for different users under user rights.
This solution will help to create simplified applications.
Originally posted by Niklas
Commands tab redesign
We have redesigned the Commands tab to give you a better overview of the commands you send in your application.
1. Log in to SiteAdmin.
2. Go to the plugins tab.
3. Set the Repository URL to http://beta.gpsgate.com
4. Under My Plugins tab, update Patch.v4.
5. Go to the Applications tab and click on your application.
6. Expand the Privileges and Roles section and set the privileges in the Commands folder.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
8. Log in to your VehicleTracker application.
Read more here: http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/command_tab_redesign