johan
GpsGate

FEATURE: Garmin Android Platform

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Garmin Android Platform

GpsGate Server supports the Garmin Android Platform devices Garmin fleet 660/670. The integration includes real-time tracking, dispatch and two-way communication on the GpsGate Server tracking platform.

The GpsGate Tracker App for Android is installed on the Garmin devices to support real time tracking and direct integration using the Garmin FMI protocol.

We are very excited about this integration and the partnership with Garmin as it brings together the best in car navigation and web based GPS tracking.

Read more: http://gpsgate.com/garmin/garmin_android_platform

Get started: topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17902

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

GPS2014

RE: FEATURE: Garmin Android Platform

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi

Does these Garmin devices have GPRS capability and if so is it opened simed?
As i was talking to a Garmin rep and he said the device needs a wireless hot spot to connect to the net?

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi GPS2014

The new Android Garmin devices do not have a sim slot and just contain Wifi and bluetooth hardware. They are designed to be connected to a WiFi network for their internet connectivity. A mobile hotspot created by another mobile device works well.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

knight2533

Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 am

I purchased the Garmin 600 and followed the instructions on setting up the Android Fleet tracker App. I ran into an issue when trying to download the app. Garmin does not ship the device with the Google Play store installed. I can only load apps via http://m.aptoide.com/ or by loading the .apk onto a flash drive and manually loading into the device. Would it be possible for you to publish the app at Aptoide or distribute the apk through your site?

Regards,

Keith

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed May 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Keith,

We have a forum post about how to get up and running with the GpsGate Tracker App for Android for Garmin Android Fleet devices.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17902

All you need to do is get the link generated by GpsGate when you create your user to the device and it will provide a download of the app for you.

You mention that you have purchased a Garmin 600. I am not familiar with that device. The app currently only supports the Garmin Fleet 660 and 670.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

knight2533

Wed May 20, 2015 7:19 pm

It's a 660, sorry for the typo.

Yes, those are the instructions I followed, generated the link and it took me to a page that asked me to download the app. When I pressed the link, it asked me to sign in to download?, I did, but then I got the message stating I have never accessed the google play store on this device and that I need to go through the Google Play store installed on the device, and if Google Play it is not installed on the device, there is no way to get it on and to contact the device manufacturer.

I will go through it again and try to get screenshots.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm

That would be great and hopefully help us narrow down what the issue is. You should definitely not have to try to install Google Play on the Garmin devices.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

knight2533

Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 pm

I sent in an email with pictures, I'm not sure how to add them in the forum post here.

Basically what is happening is:
Using the default browser it asks me to download and use a chrome browser
Then using Chrome, the link opens up to Google Play store, I sign in and Google play states that my account is not associated with the device, and I need to sign in using the Google play app (which does not exist on the device)

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu May 21, 2015 2:11 pm

We have not released an unbranded version of the GPS Tracker app with support for Garmin Android Fleet devices.

The unbranded registration page was not capable of detecting Garmin Fleet devices and gave you the behaviour that you described above. That page has now been updated with a link to the GpsGate Tracker version of the app so you should be able to download and register it whether you come from a branded or white-labelled version of the server.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”