Walle7173

RE: FEATURE: Dispatch for Mobile

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:20 am

@Andrew C

The map marker is still there but I do not know if it's a big issue.
Updated plugins today from beta and created a dispatch job from map.
Edit the dispatch and click delete and the marker is still on the map with name #id dispatch name.
Tested with chrome only and a refresh in Browser removes the marker from the map.

Regards Johan

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:58 pm

@Walle7173

Is this bug present in the Desktop version of the app, not the Mobile one?

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Walle7173

Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Only tested on the desktop interface.

Regards Johan

rosol

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 pm

On my iPhone 5S it's very slow...

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi rosol,

How many jobs/cars do you have being displayed on the screen at once?
What part of the UI is showing the most slowdown?

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

rosol

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi AndrewC,
That comment should be in Mobile topic...

I have only one car on the map. The menu on the left and right is showing itself very slow...

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi rosol,

We agree with you! We are already working on animating the side menus using a different technique which should be more responsive. This will be released in a future update when we are happy with its stability.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

rosol

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi AndrewC,
That's great info! The left and right menu is very annoying and because of this, mobile app is unusable for me unfortunately. The old one was less functional but works fine. I'm waiting for better performance of UI, because I have new clients already for dispatch for mobile module ;]
Great Job!

Regards
Michal

J.Kesoe

Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello Andrew,

From the below proposed points:

- Send update messages from device to server with information like distance/eta to job location so operator can see the current dispatch statistics.

- Dispatch more than one job when device is disconnected and send them automatic when device is connected (Limitation to only keep one command in que that locks the gui).

- Same as Dispatch in "Chat" we are able to send only one message as pending (when the device is disconnected) - using template commands - it would be nice if GGS can store more than one messages as pending in queue and send all when the tracker is online (send data to the server) again.

Could you please advise are you plan to release soon ability to being able to queue template based commands ? This is really important future that should be updated a soon as possible.

Thank you.

Regards,
John Kesoe

Originally posted by AndrewC

Hi John,

Defining "soon" can be a contentious issue in software developement, but yes, these are problems that we are working now on addressing!

The job dispatch failing issues will be solved in an upcoming release.

We agree that being able to queue template based commands in general is a powerful feature that should be available.

The bug with the job markers not being removed will be fixed in an upcoming release.

The suggestions from the nice features to have section have been added to our future feature suggestions list and will be considered when scheduling future development but the above issues will be fixed, soon.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

m1Gps

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello,

I have done the following testing on mobile dispatch.

1. The GPS tracker app, GPS Tracking and Server Connection are tick and turned green.
2. Login to the mobile web with the vibration turn on, standby to receive Dispatch Job.

A job created in the VT and dispatched. The GPS tracker app received alert with sound alert and icon 1 shown on the app icon. But on the mobile web, the vibration and Dispatch icon did not show any sign. I relogin the mobile web and the sign of the new job created early was shown.

My conclusion is, the mobile web was not able to run in real time to show the new Job created. A re login process is needed.

I am worry my process of testing is not correct, any idea for me to get the right result?

Regards

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:52 pm

@m1Gps
The Android client is part of the dispatch work flow but is technically separate from the mobile web plugin. It is a way of being alerted about a new job when the user has the browser closed or the phone screen shut off. The user can then click the notification and link directly into the details of a job in the mobile web interface (or simply switch to the interface in their browser).

The Mobile plugin web interface is set up to be able to receive alerts about incoming dispatch jobs in real time whether the GpsGate Android Tracker is connected or not. It can take up to 3-10 seconds for it to recognise a new job depending on your network connectivity. You should not have to log out and then back in again to see a new incoming job.

If you continue to have this problem please send an email to the support email address http://gpsgate.com/contact_us with details of the device and browser you are using and we will look in to your issue.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

webo

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 am

I've set up mobile dispatching and I receive the notification in the client that a job has been dispatched but the mobile view states "no jobs" when I'm logged in as the relevant driver.

J.Kesoe

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Andrew,

We are still not updated our production server but from what you have said below:

<font color="red"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="navy"><font size="3"><font size="2"><font face="Arial">The Android client is part of the dispatch work flow but is technically separate from the mobile web plugin. It is a way of being alerted about a new job when the user has the browser closed or the phone screen shut off. The user can then click the notification and link directly into the details of a job in the mobile web interface (or simply switch to the interface in their browser).</font id="Arial"></font id="size2"></font id="size3"></font id="navy"></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="red">

- If another application is in use (in example the driver accept the job and has chosen navigation app loaded on his phone to routing to the destination) then this notification will show "over" the already running gps navigation and when clicks to goes directly to the web browser interface or not ?

- It would be a really deeply appreciated if you add in same way chat functionality because now dispatch only its just not enough efficiently (if the operator want to share some more information or to tell to the driver that should pass thought specific address to pick up additional load or to inform it for something that has changed in last minute.. etc.) it also "safe" a lot of money for cell phone conversations.

Chat support as additional update of dispatch plugin would be great and as i said deeply appreciated. If support "notifications" of new messages as per described from me above method, then will be in use for many of your clients.

We are waiting for something like this from a years..

Regards,
John

@m1Gps
The Android client is part of the dispatch work flow but is technically separate from the mobile web plugin. It is a way of being alerted about a new job when the user has the browser closed or the phone screen shut off. The user can then click the notification and link directly into the details of a job in the mobile web interface (or simply switch to the interface in their browser).

The Mobile plugin web interface is set up to be able to receive alerts about incoming dispatch jobs in real time whether the GpsGate Android Tracker is connected or not. It can take up to 3-10 seconds for it to recognise a new job depending on your network connectivity. You should not have to log out and then back in again to see a new incoming job.

If you continue to have this problem please send an email to the support email address http://gpsgate.com/contact_us with details of the device and browser you are using and we will look in to your issue.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi John,

When you dispatch a job and have the GpsGate Tracker app installed and connected to the GpsGate Server from an Android device that is set up as an Android device type on the server the device will get a Android notification about the job. This is a system level event so will arrive and be displayed regardless of which other app is currently in focus on the device. Clicking this will link through to the details of the job in the mobile web view, yes.

Chat functionality is something is on our list of features that we intend to support with future releases. It is on a list with many other features but we are actively developing the GpsGate Tracker app, the mobile website and the dispatch plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

J.Kesoe

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 am

Hello Andrew,

Is it have a way to enable chat function via mobile ? (same way as dispatch for Mobile) a.k.a the worker to see the chat messages sent from operator same as they send new job to the worker mobile phone ?

If its not currently supported, did you think that could be added as well ?

The two-way message comunication to dispatch future for mobile phones would be great addition.

Thank you.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

When you dispatch a job and have the GpsGate Tracker app installed and connected to the GpsGate Server from an Android device that is set up as an Android device type on the server the device will get a Android notification about the job. This is a system level event so will arrive and be displayed regardless of which other app is currently in focus on the device. Clicking this will link through to the details of the job in the mobile web view, yes.

Chat functionality is something is on our list of features that we intend to support with future releases. It is on a list with many other features but we are actively developing the GpsGate Tracker app, the mobile website and the dispatch plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”