AndrewC
GpsGate

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Mon May 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Hello,

Are you accessing the website via HTTP or HTTPS? The button will now only work over HTTPS. This is a change for supporting new mobile browser updates that will disable all geographic location requests done on a non-secure protocol.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Mon May 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Hello Andrew,
All of my server accessing the website via HTTP.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon May 30, 2016 1:00 pm

If you change to accessing via HTTPS, you will find the "Me" button and the Dispatch "Route" button will become available again.

Again, this is not a change by us but something that is enforced by all the most popular mobile browsers now, and the rest soon.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Mon May 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks for your advice.
I will enable all of my server to accessing via HTTPS.
One more problem I just install latest beta Patch.v4.0.0.4174 on my test server. It make mobile interface full screen on Windows Mobile stop working.
That mean when I press and hold vehicle tab, it will minimize vehicle tab.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon May 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Could you please list the Patch.v4 and Mobile versions that you're using, and the version of Windows Mobile.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Mon May 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Latest Beta Patch.v4.0.0.4174 , Mobile 4.0.0.4167 and test with Windows mobile 10.
Note: As my post on 28-May-2016 the mobile interface BETA Release 4.0.0.4167 full screen work on Windows Mobile properly, but after update Latest Beta Patch.v4.0.0.4174 today it make mobile full screen on Windows Mobile stop working.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Yo Lim,

Thankyou for the report, we shall look into this.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

limyo

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello Andrew,

After update latest Beta Patch.v4.0.0.4207 , Mobile 4.0.0.4210.
Mobile interface full screen work properly on Windows mobile 10.

Another thing after change to accessing via HTTPS, now "Me" button and the Dispatch "Route" button available and work properly.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi limyo,

All issues mentioned in the thread should be fixed as of the latest beta Mobile and Patch.v4, I'm glad it's working well now.

Please note also that if you install the latest beta Patch.v4, you must also update to the latest beta Mobile release.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm

New BETA Release

Fixes
Mobile translation keys updated

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

husky92

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi!

I have just (reluctantly") upgraded to the "new" mobile app. Our customers were in fact very happy with the old mobile app, with its simple and usable UI and good performance.

We are now facing some challenges. First of all, we need to train our users, since the new mobile UI is not as intuitive as the old one.

But most importantly, we have the following requests:
1. Option to use URL parameter to select the correct APP and VIEW (as with the old mobile app). This is important for users who have access to multiple applications and views. We use URL's in SMS notifications. We also need this for adding app-ikons to the home screen (android and IOS) for quick access.
2. Option to save "workspace" setup for logged in user, or use URL to select workspace. The old mobile app had the Objectlist as main screen, and for most our customers, the map is not the primary screen. We need the option to have the maximized object list as the main screen (or option to add setting as URL param)
3. Quicker method for closing alarms. It should be possible to close alarm without going all the way down into Alarm-section of each device. It should be possible to press the Alert icon from the object list to close it.
4. Option to remove username from the different views.

I hope this can be done.

Thank you!
Best Regards,

husky92

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 am

Hi.

Sone more issues:

1. Scrolling in select controls for Application and View in the left Malin menu panel does not work on iOS 9.3.4 on iPad both Safari and Chrome.

2. After login the active akerts are not shown immediately but only after a delay of several seconds, often more than 20 seconds. Sometimes alarms are not shown at all.

3. Sorting based on Alarms in the vehicle list does not seem to work.

4.Error message "application.js?v=4.0.0.4386:55 Mobile.App.store._getKey: trying to use before Context session user ready. key: xxxxxx" is seen in the console log very often.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely be taking this into consideration for our development on the plugin.
In the meantime, the upcoming patch should solve some of the bugs listed here, among other things.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 pm

New BETA Release 4.0.0.4406

Features
GpsGate Mobile has moved to push technology. Data will arrive as soon as the server is aware of your vehicles movingThe geocoding rate and UI update rate is now configurable for lower end devices in the Settings page
Fixes
System level fields only used for internal processes no longer show in the vehicle details panelLong command names no longer cause improper formattingThe disable fullscreen setting can no longer be ignored in some casesEarly use of browser storage causing console errors resolvedSignals no longer fail to display when there is an identically named mapped signal present on the device'[filter:notarray]' error in console now resolvedScrolling in App and View dropdown broken in iOS 9.3+ fixedSorting by alarm count in vehicle list restoredOrdering now occurs before limiting in the vehicle list to make sure that the most important devices are always at the top

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

GPS2014

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Any update on detailed drawing tracks on mobile, for example journey start & stop times and stop duration

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”