Fredrik

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:28 pm

@Machtl
That's strange, S3 should work (I assume it's updated with latest Android patches?)
- Please try to do a full clear of the browser's cache and try again.
If possible, please send some screenshots and any other details of the issue to support-at-gpsgate.com

Chrome case:
Two things to test.
1) Make sure you are not surfing in incognito/private mode. Then no settings can be saved!
2) When you exit the app, do you do a full "logout" (in lower left hand menu) or just close the tab? Currently an explicit "logout" reset many settings (we might change this in an update).

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

belias

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm using the latest official mobile release and I notice that when logging in with safari on iOS (8.3) it frequently fails with a red error box saying "Login failed with code: You are not member of a supported application". I have tried resetting all safari settings and clearing browser cache with no luck. No difference between using home screen button or navigating to url. Using chrome on same iOS device works perfectly with same username / password. Other iOS users are reporting same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi belias

This is an issue we are actively working on now. It seems that an intermittent bug that was previously fixed in Mobile Safari might have been reintroduced with the 8.3 update. We have a release due soon that takes steps to prevent it from happening but as it is intermittent we need to do some testing to make sure that we have a workaround that completely stops it from happening.

One question to anyone affected by this: Does it happen only when using the auto-fill of username and password (saving these in the browser), only when not using the auto-fill or can it happen at any time?

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

belias

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Andrew,

I can confirm it happens with or without autofill. I specifically deleted the autofill entry for the gpsgate website and and disabled password autofill and the error still occurred with manual entry. Thanks.

belias

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if there was a timeframe on the next mobile release that (hopefully) solves the Safari login issue? Thanks.

- Brian

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi belias

We released a minor beta version on June 3rd that contains lots of fixes to reported bugs including some more robust login handling. It is version number 4.0.0.2872.

If any issues remain after installing this patch, please send us a support email. http://gpsgate.com/contact_us

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

piter197

Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:07 am

Dear Support,

My GGS Mobile plugin ver 4.0.0.2872. using iPad 3 and iPhone5s with iOS 8.3 with Chrome and Safari.

Trying to close Alert either by long press or swipe right on an alert always fail/no response.

It also fail to close alarm in Chrome under Android using Samsung A5.

Best Regards,
piter197

Fredrik

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Just to let you know we're investigating this. Last Beta release might have disrupted some touch events.
Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

Reglo

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:52 pm

The mobile interface is excellent. One improvement that I would suggest is that in the "Commands" list, each command be followed by the command description. Currently most of them just say "Execute outgoing commands from string templates."

Thanks,
Reglo

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Reglo,

Thank you for the feedback on the interface! That line "Execute outgoing commands from string templates." actually is the command description and is set by default when you create a template command.

This Command description is different from the command step descriptions you can define yourself as you make the template command. These are shown in the UI as the individual steps in the command are being executed.

Currently we don't provide a way of setting Command descriptions in SiteAdmin so showing the description doesn't give too much useful information (mostly just the default one you have noticed). We will look at adding this functionality in a future update.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Reglo,

Our latest Patch.v4 update from the beta.gpsgate.com plugin repository allows you to edit the the description of your commands in the Commands page under the Devices tab in SiteAdmin. They will show up in the mobile interface so that your commands can be described how you would like.

If you can, let us know how you get along with this beta feature and whether it solves your use case. Thanks!

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Reglo

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Andrew,

That update is perfect. Thanks for the quick response!

Reglo

Reglo

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:09 am

Now that I've played around a bit with the commands, I see that there is no indication of command failure if it times out. The application just restores the command list, and the user has no way of knowing whether the command was successful or not. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have a "command failed" message that the user would need to dismiss before the command list is restored.

Thanks,
Reglo

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Reglo,

Currently when a command fails in some way, you are presented with a "toast" at the top of the screen to alert you. This lurks around for a few seconds and then goes away, restoring the commands panel to its normal state. As the command is finished up, it wants you to be able to send others.

It is quite easy to miss this though, especially if you aren't looking at the page at the time. I like the idea of a notification that requires dismissing on the mobile view, as by its nature it is meant to be used in scenarios where you aren't necessarily staring at the screen all the time.

We will take a look at the command tab and try to make it more consistent with how the desktop commands work while retaining the mobile look and feel. We will keep the feature to let you see the currently pending command, add a notification of the success or failure of the last run command and possibly add an area to let you see the command history as in the desktop version. This will require some development time so will likely come in a future update to the Mobile plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Reglo

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

By the way, I actually do not see any "toast" message at all when a command times out. In the regular Vehicle Tracker commands panel, it gives the message "Permanent Failure - The item was cancelled (ack timeout in 1. step))"

Best regards,
Reglo

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”