TheTechRasta

Re: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks.

The repository URL was the cause of the problem (site admin > settings > mobile).

However, updating via the web browser did not work. When I tried to update the URL I got an error:

Access to 'C:\GpsGateServer\IIS\m-chcp\chcp.json' is denied. (or something similar)

I got around this by opening the file directly on the server and changing the 'content_url' in notepad.

All seems to work now.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am

Hi,

There is a chance that the user context that the IIS process is running in does not have access to modify files in that folder.
This is a security measure that will provide you with a little more safety but will remove some of the convenience that SiteAdmin offers you in modifying files on disk to help you easily configure your server in some cases.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

husky92

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 am

Some controls in mobile app does not respond in Android 7 on Samsung Galaxy S7.

After a recent upgrade to Android 7, the mobile app does not respond to some UI events. The menu in the upper right corner can not be clicked, the dropdown controls to select application, view on the plugin-panel does not respond. Is this a known problem?

There is no problem when using the Chrome browser on the mobile device, only with the default internet browser.

Best Regards,

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi, this is not currently a known issue as we target our support for the plugin toward the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari (these are all auto updating browsers on all platforms) and the latest few versions of iOS Safari and Microsoft Edge.

The in built Samsung Nougat browser for example is based on Chromium 44, which is more than a year older than the latest version of Chrome. We can look at individual niche browsers and apply smaller fixes when we are able, but we sadly can't guarantee support for them. Luckily it seems that Samsung has a new drive for getting up to speed with their native apps and is the process of trying to release much more up to date versions of their apps in the near future.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

husky92

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Thank you! I assume that the Samsung Galaxy S7 is one of the more popular smartphones out there, and that I am not the only one with this problem.

The problem i still persistent. I have tried to clear all browser date, restarting etc, but the problem persist. I have tested with all the latest plugin updates.

The controls for Select application, Select View and the upper-right menu does not respond. Other controls and functions work fine.

Anyone else out there with Android 7 on Samsung Galaxy S7 who have tested yet?

AndrewC
GpsGate

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:10 pm

I will definitely add this to our list of things to check out.

In the meantime, is there anything stopping your customers from using the Chrome browser that ships with the phone? It will likely result in a better internet experience for them outside of this specific site as well, especially if they allow it to auto update with new patches.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 am

Hi, could you please send a support email http://gpsgate.com/contact_us with the text from this forum post and including the entire URL you are trying to submit to the form.

Thank you.
Regards,
Andrew
GpsGate Support

husky92

Thu May 11, 2017 10:59 am

Some controls in mobile app does not respond in Android 7 on Samsung Galaxy S7.

After a recent upgrade to Android 7, the mobile app does not respond to some UI events. The menu in the upper right corner can not be clicked, the dropdown controls to select application, view on the plugin-panel does not respond. Is this a known problem?

There is no problem when using the Chrome browser on the mobile device, only with the default internet browser.

Best Regards,
The non responding controls in the Samsung Galaxy S7 browser (Android 7) is still a major problem. We can not force our user to use the Chrome browser. Any progress in troubleshooting this problem?

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”