hpi

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:48 am

Hello,

Is the "me" button still working, or is it redundant? Doesnt seem to do anything on my tablet ( will give more details if required )

The mobile interface works nicely on tablet, thanks guys.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:37 am

@piter197

Thanks for the report, I shall continue investigating.

@hpi

The "me" button should still work and add a temporary marker to the map indicating the current position of the tablet. This requires a compatible browser (most modern HTML5 compliant browsers should work) and the location services to not be blocked for the URL of the GpsGate Server Mobile page.

Example settings for Chrome are here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142065?hl=en

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

piter197

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi Andrew,

I forget to Clear Cache in Chrome, after clearing cache, the problem no longer exist. Thank you.

I have suggestion what if Me here! use different background color than normal vehicle.

Best Regards,
piter197

kriskri

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Dear Support,

I am testing dispatch functionality in the mobile App. Last version Installed.

If I sent new job to iPhone 6 and go to mobile app, click "start and route" all working fine.
If I use android phone with Chrome (Mobie: Xperia Z3 and cheap DooGee android phone ) and do the same, nothing happening. Job no starting and not request to open navigation app. If I just select "Start" job status changing to Active, then I click Route again still nothing happening.
The same problem if I use standard Android browser.

Could you check it please.

Best regards
Kris

kriskri

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Dear support,

I have a suggestion for the mobile App regarding dispatch.
Access to the dispatch jobs list should be easer. At the moment user has to open left panel and then click top dispatch bar. This is quite annoying if you have to do it often. Dispatch bar in the panel is very narrow and in more cases is opening view list then dispatch.
Possibly you could add separated direct button to the jobs like is for the left panel.

Could you take it under consideration.

and one more: button to show all jobs to do on map.

Best regards,
Kris

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Kriskri

I can't replicate that issue on our devices (including an Xperia Z3). Some things to check in helping us narrow down the issue:

1) Chrome is the latest version.
2) The Patch.v4, Mobile and Dispatch plugins are the latest version.
3) The cache is cleared in the mobile browser to make sure the latest version of the site is actually loaded.

4) In mobile Chrome:

Menu -> Settings -> Site Settings -> Location

Make sure that it will ask you before accessing and that the page is not blocked.

5) Does the "Me" button on the right hand side panel work for you? The routing and this button both use the Location API of the browser, which might potentially be the cause of your issue.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

kriskri

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:00 am

Thank you for answer,

In fact "Me" button is not working to. I went to chrome settings and cleaned cache and Location settings and all looks ok, but problem still exist.

Originally posted by AndrewC

Hi Kriskri

I can't replicate that issue on our devices (including an Xperia Z3). Some things to check in helping us narrow down the issue:

1) Chrome is the latest version.
2) The Patch.v4, Mobile and Dispatch plugins are the latest version.
3) The cache is cleared in the mobile browser to make sure the latest version of the site is actually loaded.

4) In mobile Chrome:

Menu -> Settings -> Site Settings -> Location

Make sure that it will ask you before accessing and that the page is not blocked.

5) Does the "Me" button on the right hand side panel work for you? The routing and this button both use the Location API of the browser, which might potentially be the cause of your issue.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

kriskri

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 am

Hi Andrew,

I have a suggestion regarding mobile app. Would be great to if you could add possibility to add geofences with range by long pressing on the map. This function would be very useful if someone want to secure temporary place with kids, vehicle or asset.

Best regards,
Kris

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi kriski,

I have tried to replicate this problem again but to no avail, even on the Xperia Z3 handset. Could you please send an email to our support address so that we can analyse the issue in more detail?

http://gpsgate.com/contact_us

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

kriskri

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi Andrew,

Possibly the problem exist because is something wrong with my phone.

I was used another Android phone (Acer) and looks like all working fine.

If I find what is wrong with my phone I will update.

Best regards,
Kris

Originally posted by AndrewC

Hi kriski,

I have tried to replicate this problem again but to no avail, even on the Xperia Z3 handset. Could you please send an email to our support address so that we can analyse the issue in more detail?

http://gpsgate.com/contact_us

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi kriskri,

That would be great. It could help someone else with the same problem in the future. Good luck with finding the issue. I suspect that it is related to the browser (the default android browser in 4.4+ is based on Chrome) not being able to get the location from the hardware in the phone.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

buddhamouse

Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Is it possible to add parameters to the command line that opens the mobile app to open it with a default vehicle already pinned and the map already set to center on movement? Thank you!

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi buddhamouse,

We don't have any overrides to do this specific task but if you log in to the Mobile interface and the user only has permission to see one vehicle (typically themselves for the dispatch worker or single user use case) it will be focussed by default.

This feature is typically used when partners create home screen web apps for their clients to track themselves based on the Mobile plugin.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

piter197

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:32 am

Hi Support,

Please consider to add Change Password (current user) in mobile interface. Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:58 am

Hi piter197,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider it when developing updates to the plugin in the future.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”