Vehicle List sometimes causing UI slowdown when positions updated

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

GPS2014

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi Andrew

For the track replay function on mobile, would it be possible to show the individual trips (with times) as well as the option to show the whole days trips on the map

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:31 pm

@GPS2014
We plan to extend the track drawing feature in upcoming releases.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Smolic

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi,

In my opinion mobile version (4.0.0.2422) is starting to get heavy for smart phones or have some bugs:
- we are using LG's phones with android and we have problem with hiding side panels (after for example checking alerts or status, changing options etc.)
- the panel is also not hiding after choosing unit to check it on map from list,
- I don't think that animated icons of side panel is what we really need (that could be the thing which makes this version too heavy for some smart phones)

I have also question about possibility of following selected unit in mobile version (it was possible i old mobile version - this with white background)

Regards

Fredrik

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:30 pm

- Depending on the size of your mobile screen the panel tries stay open, i.e on a tablet in landscape mode you can have both left and right panels open at once, also after selecting in the list. On a thin phone only one panel can be open. Probably your phone is detected as something in between?
(did you try the latest beta on all phones? Earlier release had some bugs with open/close sometimes).

- Do you mean the spinner icons? They are simply indicating loading, should be asynchronous and not slow down.

- 'Follow selected vehicle' functionality will most likely be added in an upcoming release.

Exactly which phones, android version, and browser, are you using? (have you tried Chrome browser also? )

We are working on more performance and UI improvements!

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

Smolic

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for hi-speed answer :)
I'm using LG-E430 (market name L3), android 4.1.2, chrome only and usually newest release beta version from beta.gpsgate.com

With this panels the problem seems to be some bugs because after clicking in icon to close panel it's starts to spin and is moved back to the edge of the screen but the panel stays open and I see that while taping I move map underneath the panel (but I see only thin stripe of the map).
So for this moment we use mobile version without opening the panels - only by taping the map and opening the summary panels by clicking units on map.

Reg.

piter197

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 am

Hi Support,

In Left panel/main menu panel now:
-First drop down arrow will show list of Views,
-second drop down arrow will show list of VT applications (only for user that have access for multiple VT applications).

To prevent unnecessary step, that user select View-->select VT application-->select View again (the right one according to VT), what if we reverse the drop down arrow order as:
-first drop down arrow will show list of VT applications (only for user that have access for multiple VT applications),
-second drop down arrow will show list of Views.

Please consider. Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:05 pm

@Smolic

We will look into this bug. Does clearing the cache on the mobile browsers help with this?

@piter197

I will look at improving this workflow for the next beta release.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

guytracker

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I just updated Mobile plugin to 4.0.0.2422. All I see when I login is a map with my vehicles. I see no panels. If I tap a vehicle I get a grey panel at the top of the screen with the vehicle details. If I swipe this panel it sometimes changes to another vehicle, sometimes now. The X in the right-hand corner to close the panel (I guess) does nothing.
I can send screen shots if required.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 pm

@guytracker

Please try deleting your browser cache for the site and see if this fixes your issues. If not, please send us a support email with those screen shots you mentioned and the browser information.

http://gpsgate.com/contact_us

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

guytracker

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks Andrew. Clearing the cache (again) worked.

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 pm

@guytracker
It's a good check to perform after each beta update if you have issues.

That being said, we know it can be tiresome to need to do this so often. Our new mobile site uses some new browser technologies to try to improve performance and responsiveness especially in low bandwidth situations. We cache lots of the key parts of the site to make it start up faster. This has led to more than the usual amount of unforeseen cases where files get cached by certain browsers when they really should be checked for updates more often. This latest beta release (that you now have after your latest clear) has numerous fixes for this problem and hopefully this will be less of a common occurrence with future updates.

Keep reporting any bugs you do find though, and we'll keep making sure that we address them!

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

Smolic

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:00 pm

@AndrewC @Fredrik

OK so I got to be honest with you - I've got for a long time shortcut on smart phone main screen an I was sure that that it was chrome browser shortcut... but it was android browser :) - I really don't like surf by mobile devices and have simply not recognized that this is wrong browser (chrome has changed from the time I remember it's interface)
...so the bugs that I was writing about are connected to android browser - on chrome mobile version works great, and I've got to said that It's really working smoother and faster

sorry for the trouble

Thanks and Best Regards
Smolic

AndrewC
GpsGate

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Ah, that is a great find Smolic. Thanks for the update. That browser has a lot of device specific problems on different phones but that explains why I cannot reproduce your bug. I shall look into that browser.

We frequently test performance on Android devices from flagship smartphones to little 30 euro budget phones and have found that the Chrome browser performs (better on the very expensive phones, as you would expect, but) okay with the latest beta build in them all.

As a tip, you can also create home screen links from the Chrome browser and we recommend it. They are quite handy and usually result in fewer screen re-size annoyances as the address bar doesn't flip in and out.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

GRACO

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 am

Hello, any idea how to fix the "This application requires your browser to support local storage" ?

one of our customers using an iphone with safari browser is receiving this error message.
Cookies settings: Always, NOT using incognito mode or something similar.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”