piter197

RE: FEATURE: Mobile (major update).

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:03 pm

@Andrew,

Yes this is to quickly view the amount of vehicles in the list with out to count it manually.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

qtech

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 pm

I agree with @Machtl that would be great and very useful!

AndrewC
GpsGate

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:32 pm

New release of the mobile plugin on the beta repository. This build is mostly aimed at improving performance on applications with many vehicles active.

Features
A time and date is displayed showing the last update of every variable in the Vehicle List information tab.When you filter the vehicle list with the search box it will now also filter the markers on the map.To help with performance, there are now default limits on how many vehicles can be displayed at once in the mobile view. You can change this setting in the settings window if you have a below or above average performing device.You can now see at a glance how many vehicles are being displayed in your Vehicle List/on the map and whether your performance settings are restricting this number even further.The alarm mode and search filter will now be remembered between sessions.The search filter will now inspect lots of properties of the vehicles rather than just the name and username.
Fixes
Username now always displayed in Vehicle List information tab.Translation is now applied to the settings page.Modal windows now close when using the browser back button.The Vehicle List information tab correctly displays the username in it's row.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

piter197

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:51 am

Hi Andrew,

After updating into Mobile 4.0.0.1947 when selecting Tag (in left panel) that contain empty list, the result in Vehicle list (right panel) not updated, still showing previous result, previous Mobile version correctly show Empty result.

Also the alarm position not updated, only vehicle position on map updated (showing no vehicle)

I test this using iPhone 5S iOS 8.1, with Chrome and Safari. Please check. Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm

@piter197

Nice catch! this sort of testing feedback is a great help. There were some cases where the device information wouldn't be updated properly on a view switch. A patch should be out soon to resolve this.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:50 pm

New release of the mobile plugin on the beta repository.

Fixes
Changing views will consistently update the active Vehicle List filter.

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

piter197

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thank you. New update fix the not update empty list problem.

Best Regards,
piter197

AndrewC
GpsGate

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Today Mobile plugin has been released from beta.

Read more at http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/mobile_plugin

Regards,
Andrew

GpsGate Support

multitechsb

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Is there any way to go back to the older version (v3) of Mobile after updating the plugin to v4. Many of my customers are unhappy with the new interface.
The main complaint is that they cannot see both the location and last update time together.

johan
GpsGate

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 pm

multitechsb: It is not possible to downgrade.

List all issues you have, and we will see what can be done.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

multitechsb

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:22 pm

The old interface was simple and minimalistic, which was what many of our customers liked and required.
Using mobile, they just wanted a list of vehicles showing their address (Location) and Last time the device transmitted back info.
They did not like switching to settings to set the list to display location, then switch back to settings to set the list to display date. Too many menu items to navigate through especially when using a small smart phone.

rosol

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 pm

multitechsb, I agree with you!
And the performance issue is also important

Regards
Michal

husky92

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi! The new mobile interface is a great improvement for fleet-tracking users and for the improved support for tablets, but for our customers using GpsGate for personal tracking and personal safety, we are very reluctant to upgrade. Many posts in this forum thread indicate the new mobile interface has some added complexity which does not suitable for all users. A simple solution would be to support the old mobile interface in parallell, at least for some time.

We miss the 1) option do display the small "Info" panel when tracking one device on the map, 2) the full pages object list showing position data/address and alarms and the 3) option to display and follow only one selected device on the map at a time, even if the view contains more devices.

With all respect to the effort you have made to the new mobile interfcace, we are considering the option to create a new simplified mobile interface similar to the old version, and postpone the update.

Best Regards,

sim0ne

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:40 pm

I agree with multitechsb,

The old interface is simple, immediately for understand if some vehicle are in a different position (because we have immediately the address is not necessary zoom or open the right column) and fast with more device (for example with iphone 4 or android device).

For the future this new GUI is interesting but if possible have in /m/ version the old version and in (example /n/ the new version is more suitable) because the old costumer maintain all without changes and who want new version with more function can go to new address.

Best Regards,

belias

Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:19 pm

I agree with previous posters as well in requesting the ability to operate both in parallel for a while. My users rely on the mobile interface more than anything, and I'm not willing to make a change of this magnitude that I can't operate in parallel or roll-back.

Also, in looking at the Mobile Plugin Blog page (documentation), my main concern is the following: The list view (of the "old" plugin) with address, last check-in time, and status color provides a lot of information at a glance without having to select specific units or zoom in on a map. I would request that this view be brought back as an option (better if users could choose to default to this view on app start-up).

All that being said, I do appreciate all the time and effort (and new features) that went into the new mobile plug in. Just a few things that can hopefully be addressed before I roll it out to my customers. Thanks.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”