We support this feature already with the use of "Settings Profiles".
To use Settings Profiles:
* Export the Android or Android Wifi Only device types from SiteAdmin -> Devices -> Types.
* You will see a section in the XML called "Profiles".
* Add your own profile in that element using the same formatting as the General one already there
* Re-import this template and your new Settings Profile will appear in the Edit User window on all devices that use the profile
* Select your new profile from the drop down list and save
* It will be deployed to the app when the device next connects.
This allows you to create profiles for different use cases and deploy them to difference devices as you wish.
Name is the display name of the profile.
Tracker Interval is the frequency of logging the position in seconds.
Tracker Distance is in metres.
Tracker Direction Change is in degrees.
Upload Interval is in seconds.
Tracker Interval, Tracker Distance and Tracker Direction Change cause a track point to be logged if any are met since the last point. I.e. a logical OR
This feature is against the terms of service of the Google Play Store.
Not being able to un-register the app is very easily bypassed by just re-installing the app from the Google Play Store. Re-installing the app is destructive to the data stored on the device (deletes all cached positions, for example) so we have un-registration as a convenience to discourage users from resorting to the re-installation workflow.
Taking steps for the user to not be able to re-install the app from the Google Play store is also against the Google Play Store terms of service.
If you would like to lock down the software on the device in a way that is less consumer oriented (admin level control of the whole device) you need to use Android's corporate functionality. More information can be found here: https://www.google.com/work/android/
The app is available without our branding from the Google Play Store under the name "GPS Tracker". The quick registration process is designed to make the registration of the app quick and simple for all skill level of users. The app is not an open source project but it does use the TrackerOne protocol which is available if you wanted to make your own tracker app for Android.