johan
GpsGate

FEATURE: Fuel Consumption

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:36 pm

FEATURE: Fuel Consumption

Enter your fuel fills in the Fuel Consumption plugin to track your fuel consumption
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/track_fu ... h_fill_log

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

RE: FEATURE: Fuel Consumption

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 am

It is in the update.gpsgate.com repository.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

limyo

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:42 am

Hello Johan,

Thanks for adding this manual "Fuel Consumption". This feature important for use with vehicles that don't have fuel sensor.
As I have tested the calculation seem focus on only consumption % of fuel refilled in a day. For other day that have trip distant but no fuel refill, the report do not calculate fuel consumption. In this case user can not get how many liter for each trip of every day. *Report show only fuel consumption for the day that has fuel refill.

I see the field "Exp. Fuel Consumption" that put fuel/100km, Ex. 8.5L/100km. So I suggest you should calculate fuel consumption base on value of this field with every day trip distant. To do this we will get fuel consumption report for every day even the day that has trip distant but no fuel refill.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

Henrik
GpsGate

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Yo, the current version of this plugin does only map fuel fills to the distance driven. So the fuel consumption is only measured at each fuel fill.

We will have a look at making the "Exp. Fuel Consumption" field available for other reports.

limyo

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for your reply.
For vehicle that doesn't have fuel sensor, the formula calculate with "Exp. Fuel Consumption" field is much important.
Ex. Vehicle refill full 60 L, it can trip short distant several days or week:
-03-Feb-2014 trip 35km.
-04-Feb-2014 trip 20km.
-05-Feb-2014 trip 55km.
-06-Feb-2014 trip 30km.
-07-Feb-2014 trip 60km. -> Reill 20, GGS now calculate only this day.
What many customer need is to calculate fuel used of every trip from 03 to 07-Feb-2014.

Hope your company release report calculate base on "Exp. Fuel Consumption" field soon.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

farnerup

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello,

Please note that the Fuel Consumption plugin does not calculate anything per day or per trip. It simply divides volume filled by the distance driven since the last refill to get a fuel consumption value since the last refill.

That said, we could make it possible to use the Exp. Fuel Consumption in e.g. a Trip Report. The Exp. Fuel Consumption could then be multiplied by the trip distance to get the amount of fuel used during the trip. Is that what you are asking for? This feature would be independent to the Fuel Consumption plugin, since it doesn't use the refill log.

Best regards,
Fredrik A.
GpsGate Support

sene

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks guys this is a great feature.

I am running into a problem though with the Exp. Fuel Consumption field not showing up when i got Edit User.

It shows up in the User Type Editor and i am able to tick on the tick box and save. However when i edit my user vehicle it does not show the field.

sene

farnerup

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Did you edit the correct user type? For vehicles, it should be "Device".

Best regards,
Fredrik A.
GpsGate Support

sene

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:14 pm

I think i see now where the problem is. I have edited the user type "Driver With Journal". When i click on the User Type Editor. It only shows the "Driver with Journal" user type. There is no "Device" user type shown. How do i get access to it?

Right now for my vehicles i am using the empty user type which i also can't access to edit.

sene

sene

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Ok Got it. Created a user type device and now i switched all my vehicles to it.

Thanks

sene

farnerup

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 pm

That's good. I believe the "Device" user type only exists in new installations, but you can easily create your own. The lack of Exp. Fuel Consumption in the "Empty (Advanced)" type will be fixed in a future patch.

Best regards,
Fredrik A.
GpsGate Support

sene

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:52 pm

"That said, we could make it possible to use the Exp. Fuel Consumption in e.g. a Trip Report. The Exp. Fuel Consumption could then be multiplied by the trip distance to get the amount of fuel used during the trip. Is that what you are asking for? This feature would be independent to the Fuel Consumption plugin, since it doesn't use the refill log."

Hi Fredrik. This would be excellent. Right next to the total distance travel is the expected fuel usage in liters from using distance and Exp. Fuel Consumption field for that particular vehicle.

sene

limyo

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:43 pm

I suggest GGS should have fuel consumption plug in calculate fuel used base on every trip distant as I already suggested post in this forum on 09-Feb-2014.

Hope GGS support team consider this develop this feature.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

vadr24

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Yeah.. wil be great to have fuel consumption base on every trip distant.

GRACO

Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Any plans to include in this plug in: Fuel type, cost per liter, and total cost per refill as optional attributes? I saw in other GPS platforms that they include cost.
best regards!

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”