ggsgeek

Suggestions for Custom-Fields

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am

Custom-Fields are a great feature recently added to GpsGate Platform. We have used them in some applications and it is very helpful. Having used custom-fields for a while, I have following suggestions for improvement.

1.) Add more types. Date-Time, Color-Code.
2.) Bug: When you use Custom-Fields along with User-Types, the common custom-fields across different user-types causes some issues. Like List-Type does not load all the values and shows only single value which was selected earlier.
3.) *Most Important* - Include Custom-Fields in Search.
4.) Include Custom-Fields in Event Notifiers.
5.) Might Consider in distant future - Add Status-Variable Templates within the Custom-Field values as in Event-Notifier Alert Template. Ex: [Speed] etc.
6.) Custom-Fields API.

jdewitt

RE: Suggestions for Custom-Fields

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am

Good suggestions! I second #5. It will be really cool to map the value of a custom field to a variable and use it in both Event Notifiers and Vehicle Commands.

For example: It will be great if the "Excessive Breaking" level can be different per vehicle and be sent to the GPS Tracker's internal register using a command. (Some devices check for Alerts internally using downloadable thresholds)

piter197

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:52 am

Custom field in Original application can also be viewed in Overview application.

Best Regards,
piter197

Alon

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:51 am

I join ggsgeek with all his suggestion where number 3 - include custom fields in POI search is the most important needed feature.

Thanks.

JayFF

Re: Suggestions for Custom-Fields

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 am

Our largest customer (1500 vehicles) has asked for custom field values to display in the User Overview dialog. Do you have any plans to implement this?

Jay
J. F. Florey

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”