guytracker

RE: FEATURE: Google Maps v3

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I have no problem with paying for service. In this case though its the way its being charged. I didn't want support, and had no need of it when it was offered. My system worked fine and I needed no new features or updates. Now however, when I'm forced to take it, I have to pay retrospectively back to the date it was offered. If I miss a service on my car, I'm not forced to pay for the missed service when I take it in for the next service.

And we are not talking about here about all the other features and plugins that I'll have access to, if I pay, but don't want. All I need is the Google Maps plug-in, just to keep my service running.

And again, the pay per license would make sense if I was using GPSGate's servers, but since I'm using my own server with my own resources the Google Maps plugin should be a fixed cost regardless of the number of users. I've already paid a fee for each license and this should cover the cost per user component.

GRACO

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 am

We just want to update to Google maps V3 too, is unfair that we need to pay every licence purchased to date for a very basic plug in as google maps. Google maps v3 should not be a plugin, it should be core part of GGS.
We are afraid because of this our server maps stop working and than customer complains will pile up.
Can you please "free" this update so we can update? We don't require to update any other plugin for now, or any additional support.
A "pay per plug in" will be a nice idea for people like us in a future.
Best Regards!

maeti

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Totally agree. We use GGS for our small business. Now I have nothing to offer my customers, because there is no maps. It's totally UNFAIR. I payed a lot of licenses up to now and it's all for nothing. I am totaly dissapointed from this company GPS Gate.

tr10no

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Dear All,

is it posible to add Map Display more then one Panel?

Scenario :
Panel 1 : Show District A
Panel 2 : Show District B
so we can display the aplication on more than one Large Screen as a Dashboard...with different District Display for each Screen...

Thanks..

johan
GpsGate

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

@tr10no No, that is currently not possible. We will consider this feature for coming updates.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

dannalejandro

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Dear GPSGATE:

we are having this issue:

The Google Map is showing wrong images as shown in the next link

http://www.ectracker.com.ec/download/Pr ... 20maps.jpg

Please assist us in this problem.

Best regards from Ecuador

Fredrik

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Several people have reported about misplaced map tiles recently. We currently believe it's a problem internally at Google. We've just received reports about the problem "fixing itself" also, supporting this theory. Give it a couple of hours, report more details if it persists. We'll update if we receive more information.

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

agimex

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:29 am

Hi Johan,

How we could add the Maritime features in the google map ?
such as: - Water deep - Wave - wind blow direction, maritime traffic , etc.

Thanks
Gee

Fredrik

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Exactly which maritime service are you referring to? Do you have a url?

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

rewter

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Perhaps this question has been asked before or I just dont know how to implement it.

I have seen tracking systems that keep the vehicles on the road in tracking. ie. If my vehicle is being driven along the freeway and takes an offramp then continues left or right down the road then the track does not hop from point to point as per gps location received direct from the tracker.

I presume what these other systems are doing is not exactly live update but working out what route would have been taken between the updates. is there an option or an add on that can do this.

It would be a really nice feature that gives a neater display and also on this basis perhaps the gpsgate server could better determine the trip distance.

Thanks in advance
Craig Williams

Faithfully
Craig

johan
GpsGate

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:20 pm

rewter wrote:

"It would be a really nice feature that gives a neater display and also on this basis perhaps the gpsgate server could better determine the trip distance."

Use a Device Odometer to get better distance accuracy
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

guytracker

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:00 pm

To obtain better routing, use a tracker that updates more often.

A tracker that logs its position sends every 60 seconds is really only good for long straight roads. A simple calculation will show that if a vehicle switches to a perpendicular freeway halfway between track points at 120 kph, then the distance recorded will be 1.4 km instead of 2 km (not allowing for interchange curves). A tracker set to log every 30 seconds will show 1.7 km, while a setting of 15 seconds will be pretty accurate when one allows for the curves of an interchange. Probably more accurate than the vehicle odometer, which are generally set to over-read by a few percent.

tko2003

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi,

tried to activate v3, but where can i find the services?Image

johan
GpsGate

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Google Maps (Geocode enabled) - http://code.google.com/apis/maps/
Insert the Google Maps key under SiteAdmin -> Settings to activate.
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11333

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

derfuk

Re: FEATURE: Google Maps v3

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi
When I go into maps under site admin in the Google section I get the following message and no options available so when I go into the tracker app I have no map.

Could not load type 'GpsGate.WebControls.GoogleSettingsControl3'.

Thanks
David

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”