Bolt

Create template problem

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 am

Hi

I am trying to create a template from one of my applications. After hitting the Save as Template button I get a
"Updating... The page will be refreshed automatically when done. Leaving this page will not interrupt the update."

Problem is, the page does not refresh and although a Template Name is created, there is no data.

Is there a remedy for this?

Cheers

gpsgate.user

RE: Create template problem

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 am

check your Queue Viewer, search the _MergeApplication command try to abort then create new again, hope it help.

Regards,
gpsgate.user

Bolt

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks, it had a "report ID=148 does not exist" failure.

How do I find or resolve this issue?

EDIT......... Can anyone help with how I can identify "Report 148"

Mattias
GpsGate

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

The next patch will include a fix that will show the error message directly in the "Manage app" page, instead of the "Updating..." message. Meanwhile you need to Abort the _MergeApplication command manually if it failed to remove the "Updating..." message.

Report with ID 148 is probably a report that you have deleted, but which was not deleted properly from the template database. We are not sure why some users are getting these problems, it happens with workspaces and other objects sometimes as well. If you can repeat this problem we would like to know how. See below for a manual solution that you can use for now.

Regarding how to fix it... Make sure that the report is actually removed. Query the database:
SELECT * FROM reportv3_report WHERE report_id = 148;

Empty result? Then run the following query:
SELECT * FROM template WHERE object_type LIKE '%ReportWriter%' AND object_id = 148;

What does the result look like? Is the "deleted" column set to 0 or 1? If set to 0, run the following query to delete the entire row:
DELETE FROM template WHERE object_type LIKE '%ReportWriter%' AND object_id = 148;

Regards,
Mattias

Bolt

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 am

Hi Mattias

The same problem has occured with 2 other applications but each has a different ID number causing the problem.

I cannot query the database as the applications are on your servers

Cheers

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”