Bolt

Import error

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am

Hi

I am trying to export/import applications from the GpsGate server to my own server but I keep getting an error
<font color="red">" An error occurred: Unable to resolve object '9bfdc49d-b994-f4e0-190e-81c82ae6e0e9'. Not found."</font id="red">, when I am importing.

My methods were:

On GpsGate Server

- create template from existing application
- save template
- export

My server

- Open Import tab
- select import "template"
- browse and select file
- click import
and this is where the error comes up

I note: All plugins on my server are up to date

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Mattias
GpsGate

RE: Import error

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi,

Your server is missing an object that the template references, but that is not included in the exported file. Some shared objects like privileges etc are not exported. To find out which object it is, search for the GUID ("9bfdc49d-b994-f4e0-190e-81c82ae6e0e9") in your exported XML file. Hopefully that gives you more information.

If you are sure that you do not need this object you can try to remove the reference from the XML file and import again. Usually it is a shared object like privilege, script plugin, POI category or report that is missing.

We are looking at ways of showing more info about the missing object, and suggestions on how to solve the problem, directly in the GUI.

Regards,
Mattias

Bolt

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 am

Hi Mattias

I found the particular object and deleted it between <Privilege> and </Privilege> and was able to create a template....nearly!!

When I check on the application information (in site admin) created from the imported template, it had none of the plugins ticked so I ticked what I required and saved. However, when I recheck, the ticked areas are not saved.

Also, I cannot open the application as administrator.

Cheers

Mattias
GpsGate

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

> When I check on the application information (in site admin) created from the imported template, it had none of the plugins ticked so I ticked what I required and saved. However, when I recheck, the ticked areas are not saved.

Check the log files for errors in case you do not get any in the GUI.

> Also, I cannot open the application as administrator.

You mean login to VehicleTracker? Do you get any errors here, or what happens?

Regards,
Mattias

Bolt

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am

I ran out of patience and have already created a new application manually.

If it happens again I will post here.

> "Also, I cannot open the application as administrator."

When this problem happened, it would not accept a new or existing Administrator so therefore I was unable to login using the Application URL or user experience method.

There is a painful issue also with that "Unable to resolve objects......." error mentioned previously.
Checking the XML file, it seems to be refering only to privleges.
After >12 attempts at searching - deleting - saving, the "objects in question" and still getting more errors and not able to import, I gave up. It was quicker to create a new application export/import the geofences and POI's as seperate files.

Cheers

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”