hyachts

RE: NEW FEATURE: Publish map on homepage

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm

This is a great feature with a lot of potential. I'd like to be able to display tracks (both current and archived) for a selected user. I'd also like to be able to force the map parameters to defaults like satellite view, a certain zoom level, etc.

I had extended a code snippet that you published with the old "buddy tracker" into a tool for a blog that allowed viewers to see where a sailboat was in real time, but also to review old tracks. It centered the main map at a relatively high zoom, and had an inset with a lower zoom level (sort of an overview to orient. In any event, it would be great if publish could become that extensible.

Alternatively, if someone could point me at how to pull the same data from my gpsgate server as I used to from buddy tracker, I'll just update my old code. THis is the data source link I had been using:
<script src="http://apps.gpsgate.com/Services/GpsTra ... =MyService" type="text/javascript"></script>

buddhamouse

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:49 am

I am using publish to display the basic map However, when you move or resize the published map in the WEB page, the icon for the vehicle stays in the same spot, it doesn't move with the map like it does in vehicle tracker when logged in. Is there a way to prevent the icon from moving, or to prevent the user from moving or resizing the map?

Thanks

smithnj

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello,

Is there a way, on the published map view to change the 'pointer' icon to a custom icon as in the main GPSGATE application.

Nick
Bristol UK.

HogemMa1

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am

Originally posted by husky92

Hi!

I have successfully applied the Publish plugin in one application, but I have a problem displaying it to a website.

I do not get a error just a white screen and a the page is still loading

I have enabled _AnonymousLogin and Publish for the application at site admin. and _AnonymousLogin enabled for _units and greated a publish and added it on a existing webpage.

What am I missing here?

can I also use the same code that I used before with BudyTracking
I followed the instructions and thrue MySQL I changed Vehicle to Public and using the following URL
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://dutchreborn.info/gpsgateserver/S ... "></script>

I also changed the Group to Vehicles

Thank you!

abarnard

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:52 pm

I have an issue with this plugin. Having followed the instructions to activate the plug-in and the role (and including _Anonymous_Login as advised in this thread), I get as far as the 'Publish Devices' screen but when I press 'next' after selecting the screen size, nothing happens and the next step (Branding) remains greyed out.

I can right click on the button and choose 'inspect element', at which point a debugging window opens at the bottom of the screen. The debuggers stops at line 229 of 'Publish.js' with the complaint that textbox.select(); is an incorrect function, whnich is presumably because the jQuery has failed.

var textBox = jQuery('#codeArea').get(0);
textBox.select();

I have a screenshot of this if it helps, but what should I do to fix it?

Regards,
Andy

Fredrik

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm afraid I can't repeat that.
Please make sure you have the latest version of the Publish plugin: 4.0.0.2811 (update from labsupdate.gpsgate.com)

If it still fails you can send screenshots, and if possible a test-login to your app, to support-at-gpsgate-com

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

abarnard

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Fredrik

Thanks for the quick response, and I understand its a Beta function.
Yes I have the latest plugin.

I will send a couple of screenshots by email where you can see the full calling stack.

If you can't work out what is going on from the screenshot I can probably run
up a test server with a login (the live server is not easily accessible in this way).

Regards,
Andy

Fredrik

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:20 pm

This turned out to be a compatibility issue with the Internet Explorer / Edge browser (works in Chrome and Firefox).
We've now released a bugfix, please update Publish to v4.0.0.3383

(complete changelog for Publish: topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15649 )

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

abarnard

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Fredrik

It works now for me, thanks for the quick fix.

Andy

CopperPot

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 am

Feature wishlist:

URL Query Parameters to initialize view to:
- Follow a vehicle
- Display in "Satellite" mode
- Hide frame, buttons, options - just show the map
- display trailing line behind the marker when moving

It will also be nice to be able to embed more than one published map per html page.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”