johan
GpsGate

NEW FEATURE: Maintenance

Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

NEW FEATURE: Maintenance

The GpsGate Maintenance plugin keeps track of when your vehicles are due for service. You can see their current maintenance status in the application and create notifications when vehicles pass a service interval.

http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/track_ve ... aintenance

Related topics

Server side _Odometer topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

Using the same maintenance schedule for multiple vehicles topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16522

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

piter197

RE: NEW FEATURE: Maintenance

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi,

Thank you GpsGate team, this is very useful new feature...we are testing this.

Request 1: Maintenance sub menu of Schedules and Status can be enable/disable in privilege setting. We need this to limit access to sub menu Schedules for certain user.

Request 2: Please also provide column for Username, before Vehicle name column, in Maintenance Status window.

Request 3: Please also provide Description column after Name column, in Maintenance Schedule window.

Request 4: in Maintenance Status window, for Next Distance event column, when we haven't set Log Event, the column contain dash "-" but for over due event this will contain minus sign that easily missed in between dashes, please consider to enclose negative value in parenthesis or red color or else.

Request 5: Please differentiate (in translation file) Next button that appear when creating new Maintenance Schedule, from Next in Equipment card of Maintenance status (in Equipment card I suggest Previous -> Previous service, Next -> Next service).

Consideration: will Maintenance Status window suit better as panel/docking than floating window?

Question: What is the strategy to effectively notify/alarm before due for certain maintenance event (for example for spare part order preparation).

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

Henrik
GpsGate

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi piter197, thank you for your feedback, all your suggestions are great.
We are planning to add the possibility for a notification before an event is due.

Thank you for testing!

wintesla

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 am

Hi Henrik,

Super feature you got here !

I have an issue during testing:

In the menu, after the maintenance plugin was installed, the 'view map' button has disappeared.

best regards

johan
GpsGate

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 am

In the menu, after the maintenance plugin was installed, the 'view map' button has disappeared.
The "Map View" option in the menu is removed, since it no longer have any function. If you want to reload the page, use the browser reload button (which is the exact same thing).

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

piter197

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:26 am

Hi,

More request...

Request 6: Enable/disable privilege for Read Maintenance Card and privilege for Update Maintenance Card (button + Log Event).

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

Bolt

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 am

ODOMETER

I have mapped OdometerAcc to OdometerAcc and I can get the Klm's to appear in the Vehicle Tabs, however, I cannot get the odometer reading to appear in the Maintenance Status areas.

Cheers

johan
GpsGate

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Use the Server side _Odometer, more info:
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Bolt

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks Johan.......it's now OK. However, why not just default the existing odometer reading rather than having to enter it again?

Next Question: I've tried all the edit boxes one by one in Role Privledges to change the Events in the Maintenance Schedule but cannot do so. Which privledge box needs to be ticked to do so?

Suggestion..... add an "edit_schedule" tick box in the Maintenance Role privledge

Cheers

piter197

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi,

more suggestion:
- in Maintenance Status window, for date value in Next Time Event column, better to also add the calendar date like: 19,3 days 05/01/2013

-the same also in Maintenance Card value for row Next: in 19,3 days 05/01/2013

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

Henrik
GpsGate

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 pm

@Bolt, you can change the description, but not the interval for an event. If you want to do that you need to crate a new event and delete the old one.

Bolt

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 am

@Henrick

Personally, I feel all fields should be editable. I come from a maintenance background and there is nothing more frustrating than finding a mistake and having to restart all over again.

This new Maintenance feature will be a winner for GG but make it as user friendly as possible.

Cheers

piter197

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:29 am

Hi,

I can not revise wrong Log event. Please provide a way how to do this.

1. Maintenance event, Measuring: time, Expires: when an interval has passed since last service, Interval: 1 year.
2. Then in Maintenance card, I have put wrong date of Log event (of this time interval event). When I try to correct it by re-input the new correct date of Log event, what I got that Next maintenance date got increased not by last correct date instead it just sum all remaining from those two date before (more than 1 year)

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

Henrik
GpsGate

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi, a quick summary of what is new in the latest Mintenance beta update (3.1.0.4049)

Privileges to manage schedules and log maintenance have been added
( _EditMaintenanceSchedule and _LogMaintenanceService )

Schedule and Event description fields have been added to the lists

The lists can be modified to show only selected columns. Setting can be saved in workspace

In addition to showing remaing days to next service also the date is shown

piter197

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi,

Any news about how to cancel or revise wrong Log event?

More suggestion for nice to have feature: in Equipment Card, some Service Event (either by Odometer or by Time duration) usually have the same Log Events value.

Instead of repeatedly enter the same Log Event value for several different Service Event, perhaps we can enter single value for several Service Events (choose with check box for the same type: Odometer or Time duration) once simultaneously.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
piter197

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”