Nome

Idea for Vehicle dispatch

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi guys,

With tablets and smartphones taking over the mobile space. I was thinking that it would be cool if GPSGateServer would be able to dispatch directly to a smartphone or tablet instead of through a tracking device and then to the Garmin PND device as is currently. This way we won't have to focus on just a few tracking device that is supported and would also reduce work for the GPSGate team trying to support many and different tracking devices for dispatch :)

It would be much simpler imo if say any GSM android or iOS device is supported and is able to receive jobs sent from GPSGateServer dispatch. No complicated connections from the Garmin PND to the tracking device as well as extra installation.

Customers would also prefer this as they would be able to use regular GSM android or iOS devices instead of buying Garmin PND that can only be used for navigation. Also Android mobile devices in particular are getting cheaper by the month.

So i would imagine GPSGate team developing a dispatch app that once installed on mobile device will allow GPSGatesServer dispatch module to send job to mobile device with this App install. If such app is developed and integrated with GPSGateServer i would definitely buy it and use it for dispatch for businesses.

Just an idea

fssandri

RE: Idea for Vehicle dispatch

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 am

Hello support,

Would you like to give attention to the above request, we also have some companies that want to use the tablet and smartphone to communicate with your team.

Today there are already several apps for android and other operating systems, you should think about the GpsGate.

Here's a link to a system that already has this function
http://mecomo.com/en/telematics/fieldforceautomation-en

Tanks.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”