catpl

Driver ID event

Wed May 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Dear support,

I'm using Teltonika FM1100 to do driver ID using ibutton.

In the event rules, I believe I have configured correctly. In the text notifier, I have configured such that when ibutton is connect, the parameter is [driver_name] and when it is disconnected, it will show "N.A".

I have added a user with driver role and assign the IButton ID.

I have created an extra column with "driver name" header.

When the ibutton is attached to the reader, the status panel show correctly the ibutton ID. The driver name column also shows "Dave" on the vehicle panel.

When the ibutton is disconnected, I see that the ibutton shows "00000000000".

BUT, the driver name "Dave" on the vehicle panel under the driver name column remains as "Dave" and did not change to "N.A".

I repeat the process again and status shows the correct ibutton ID on the status panel. "Dave" remains there forever.

I delete the events rules and restart again. The result is same. "Dave" stays on the vehicle panel regardless of connecting and disconnecting the ibutton. The status bar is responding correctly but not the driver name.

Could it be a bug?

johan
GpsGate

RE: Driver ID event

Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 pm

This is by design. You have the following rules.

Assume Driver A logs into Vehicle One. Vehicle One will now have Driver A as a driver. There are four conditions to logout Driver A from vehicle One.

1. Some other driver e.g. Driver B logs into Vehicle One. This will logout Driver A and replace it with Driver B.

2. Driver A logs into another vehicle, this will logout Driver A from Vehicle One.

3. Midnight. This will log out Driver A from Vehicle One.

4. The end expression in the Event Rule is true. This will log out Driver A from Vehicle One.

In your case, please try an end expression in Step 4. under Advanced options in your Driver ID Event Rule. And set IButton = "00000000000". This will end the driver event when IButton is removed according to rule 4 above.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

catpl

Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your speedy reply.

I have now created a driver name "Not connected" and assign a ID "0000000000" and assign role "driver".

When ibutton is disconnected, the status panel shows ibutton "0000000000".

In the driver name header column, "Dave" still remains and not "Not connected" appear.

johan
GpsGate

Wed May 16, 2012 8:33 pm

It does not work to do like that. ibutton value = "0000000000" is considered to be invalid, and will not switch drivers.

You need to use alternative 4. which I recommended above. Which is about including an end expression to your driver event rule.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

catpl

Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Where do I put in the ibutton value = "0000000000"?

On step 4
Driver ID variable, e.g. IButton or RFID "Ibutton"
> Show advanced options
> Add rule
> String compare
> ibutton Equals 0000000000000000

Is this right?

Or should i add 0000000000 on "5.Notification"?

johan
GpsGate

Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 pm

In your case, please try an end expression in Step 4. under Advanced options in your Driver ID Event Rule. And set IButton = "00000000000". This will end the driver event when IButton is removed according to rule 4 above.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

catpl

Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm

I wish to feedback that the setup for driver ID is successful.

Thanks Johan :)

palande

Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi
Driver Id forum discussion was quiet interesting. However I would like to create and email a report of the drivers who logged into the vehicle in 24 hours (duration can be 4 hours also). I have tried the same using trip and idle report based on Driver Tag. But this is not exactly I need. I want to track the activities of driver/s. Please help
Originally posted by catpl

I wish to feedback that the setup for driver ID is successful.

Thanks Johan :)

Warm Regards
Rajesh Palande

Hus

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi
what if i had a condition on drivers like if some group of drivers can ignition some group of vehicles and keep the RFID as long as engine ON and end expression is to turn engine OFF assuming GGS can control the output of the tracker via GPRS or SMS. can you help make such a rule ??

palande

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Your question is not clear to me. Can you please explain in details.

Warm Regards
Rajesh Palande

Hus

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm

hi
i wish i can explain better !!!
assume we have 20 drivers with RFID for all but only 10 of them can use group of cars A only let them be alpha team, the other can use group of cars B only let them be beta team

now my question was how to make a rule if cars group A has some driver from alpha team to enable the engine.
if true GGS will send a command to the tracker to switch some output that is connected to a rely and mobilize the engine , otherwise " or driver form beta team" not to mobilize engine and make an alarm with unauthorized driver,
and to keep running this rule until the engine turns off by the true driver, i mean end expression to be engine off
hope i made it clear
regards

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”