husky92

Rendezvous Plugin challenges

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi!

Since the Rendevous plugin was updated with the ability to also detect the opposite of the rendevous, meaning when a user is apart from another user, I have performed several tests without success. I am not getting consistent and predictable events and event information from the plugin.

My functional requirement is to have events triggered when one or more User(s) (grouped by Tag: "Group member") are apart from one or more other User(s) (grouped by Tag: "Group leader"). The event rule is set up to have a delayed event trigger where the distance has been at least 75 meters for 2 minutes. My Event rule setup is documented below.

The problem is that I get quite inconsistent results. I have recent Terminal data and event/alarm data to document recent tests which can be sent to support if needed.

The typical problem is that I get events triggered where RENDEZVOUS_USERNAME/NAME is either empty or not the "Group Leader" User. I would expect the event only to trigger for the members of the "Group Members" and that the RENDEZVOUS_USERNAME would always be one of the Users in the "Group Leader" tags,

The other problem is that I am not able to get consistent event triggeres based on the distance in the event rule. I assume that the event is triggered only for Valid position reports and that the valid position is compared to the last known position of the "Leader(s)". Is this correct? Could you please explain the excact algorithm used here? I am not sure, but maybe it is required also to have a parameter defining some degree of recency of the last valid position for the reference User (Leader) for the event to trigger?

Have anybody successfully applied this functionality?

Thank you!

Oyvind

My Event rule setup
Name: Avstandsalarm 75m minst 2 min (Distance alarm 75m minimum 2min)
Apply to: Tag name: Barn (Children) - 3 Users belongs to this tag
Schedule: Always active
Expressions: Tag name: Leder (Leader), Action: Outside, Radius: 75 meter
End Expression: Tag name: Leder (Leader), Action: Inside, Radius: 30 meter
Delayed event: 2 minutes
Notification:
- Application: Alarm panel and reports: ALARM: Avstandsalarm RENDEZVOUS_USERNAME=[RENDEZVOUS_USERNAME] RENDEZVOUS_NAME= [RENDEZVOUS_NAME]
- SMS: [USER_NAME] har kommet bort fra [RENDEZVOUS_NAME]. Tid: [EVENT_TIME] App:http://trygg.gpsgate.com/vt/[MOBILE_ALA ... REDENTIALS] Kart:http://maps.google.com/maps?q=[POS_LATI ... _LONGITUDE]

Only one User belongs to the "Leder (Leader)" Tag and this user does not belong to the "Barn (Children)" Tag

Mattias
GpsGate

RE: Rendezvous Plugin challenges

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi,

I will do some tests with your use case. I will let you know if I can find the problem.
Meanwhile, try without the end expression. The algorithms are as follows:

Outside:
1. User inside radius (valid position).
2. User outside radius (valid position).
Event turns true.
3. User still outside radius (valid position).
Event still true.
4. Invalid positions are ignored (state kept).
Event still true.
5. User inside radius (valid position).
Event false.

Inside:
1. User inside radius (valid position).
Event turns true.
2. User still inside radius (valid position).
Event still true.
3. Invalid positions are ignored (state kept).
Event still true.
4. User outside radius (valid position).
Event false.

Regards,
Mattias

Xemiga

Re: Rendezvous Plugin challenges

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:53 am

Hi

Rendevous unable to set the radius Threshold value in Nautical Miles , after saving the Radius threshold value return to "0"

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”