Danieln

Dispatch changes.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:32 am

Hi, I know the dispatch plugin is still beta/in development somewhat, and its constantly evolving.

Can we have a understanding of the purpose/concept of "Location" and "Destination" address's?

Previously, you can right click on the map, and do create job here, and that was the only address input you need to do. now it wont let you save the new job unless you had a destination address as well?

One type of scenario i see this used is in service type industries.. ie, a customer has equipment at "location" address. So we'd create a job there.

I'm assuming the "Destination" address is used in a "courier" scenario, where the Location is the pickup point, and destination is the delivery point. Yes?

If this is the case, could the Destination address be optional when creating a job?

Thanks.

Mattias
GpsGate

RE: Dispatch changes.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi,

Yes, Location (start) and Destination (stop) is useful in some cases.
If your use case does not need two locations, you can hide Destination by clicking the "down arrow" icon in the Dispatch plugin's toolbar menu (top right corner) -> Edit dialog -> (De)select fields.

Regards,
Mattias

johan
GpsGate

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:44 pm

You can then save the Workspace to make the changes permanent. Changes in the layout is always saved to the Workspace. More info:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/customize_vehicletracker_layout

It seems that "Destination" is show by default in the current beta Dispatch. We will change this, to be not displayed by default.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

wintesla

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 am

Please keep in mind when releasing the final version, that when you want to save a job, you still get the error of 'destination not filled in'. Regardless of being displayed or not.

Is it also possible to change the abillity to save changes to the checkboxes for selecting job display ? Now it always returns to 'unassigned'. Regardless of saving it to the workplace.

thanks in advance

wintesla

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 am

please ignore my comment on destination topic :)

I tried it a second time and now it is ok. Sorry about this ...

scoot

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 am

Run a company called Scoot in Edinburgh, Scotland. We drive customers home in their own cars and drivers get between jobs on monkey bikes.

I'm looking to replace our current system involving two way radio and guesswork with something a little more accurate and came across gps gate.

With regard to the dispatch, is there a way to have destination fields within create new job box and to link it to contacts, i.e. customers.

If so, can someone direct me in the right direction or indeed is this something that may be added in future?

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”