Incan

Reports questions

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 am

I would like to set up a daily detailed report emailed every morning at 8.00 (data from the day before). Followed the guide and installed all plugins.

1. When I created the report in "Manage Reports" I selected "daily" and after that I can select a date. Why? What happens when a specific date is choosen? I do not like to create a report for a specific date, just a daily report that is emailed to me every day.

2. And in the email settings, I have to select week: first, second, third and last. How does it work? Is it the first , second week in month or what is this?

3. How do I use the other menu option "Reports" - "Reports"? (The window is called "Reports and exports") Do I have to create reports there for making it work? Or is that a separate thing?

I got one email yesterday, but today there is no data at all. If i try to generate a report it just say "Den angivna omvandlingen är inte giltig." for any date i select.

Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

RE: Reports questions

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:14 pm

You should select daily as period parameter. It shows a date in the select list to make it easy to step backward and forward when previewing the report or viewing the report from within vehicle tracker.
When the report is e-mailed it will be generated for the first whole day prior the date it is sent. In other word, it will send a report generated for yesterday each time it is e-mailed.

All periodical parameters have the same patter; they will be adjusted to the first complete period prior the date when the e-mail is sent.

The week option in the e-mail scheduler is the week in month. e.g You can e-mail a monthly report first Monday every month. In your case you should select all.

That is the the legacy reports found in previous versions of GpsGate Server. They got replaced with the new ones from GpsGate Server v3.0 but is still there since some are using them.

About the error:
I really need more information. It should be found in the IIS log file.

Regards,
GpsGate Support
Bjorn Andersson

johan
GpsGate

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 pm

3. Please read this blog for how to migrate to 3.0 reports:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/move_to_reporting_3_from_23

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 pm

4. Make sure you have the "LogFiles" plugin installed. More info:
http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12886

Any reporting processing and sending errors will be found in the NMEA logfile for that day found under C:\GpsGateServer\ErrorLog

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Incan

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks! Now I understand how it works!

I do not have a log file after 2011-11-12 in wwwroot\GpsGateServer\IIS (and \wwwroot\GpsGateServer\Franson NMEA Service). Do I have a problem?

This is the only log from yesterday. (C:\GpsGateServer\ErrorLog)

2011-12-06 23:39:00.3125 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | System.InvalidCastException | System.InvalidCastException: Den angivna omvandlingen är inte giltig.
vid Franson.DAO.DAOReaderBase.m_GetUtcDateTime(Object item, Object itemMilliSeconds)
vid Franson.DAO.DAOReaderBase.GetUTCDateTime(IDataReader reader, String strFieldName)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.DAO.ReportDataProviderLogReaderDAOSQL.GetPeriodProcessInfo(Int32 iProviderID, Int32 iApplicationID, ExecutionPlan execPlan, String[] keys)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Provider.ReportDataProviderLog.GetPeriodProcessInfo(Int32 iProviderID, Int32 iApplicationID, ExecutionPlan execPlan, String[] keys)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Provider.ReportDataProvider.IsPeriodDirty(Int32 iApplicationID, DateTime start, DateTime end, ParameterValues parameters)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Command.SendReportCmdExeOutgoing.m_ProcessReport(Report report, Int32 iRendererID)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Command.SendReportCmdExeOutgoing.Commit()
vid GpsGate.Online.Command.CmdQueueManager.Send(Queue queue, QueueItem item)
vid Franson.Message.Queue.m_SendItem(IQueueSender sender, QueueItem item, Boolean bRequiresAck)
2011-12-06 23:46:03.2031 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | System.InvalidCastException | System.InvalidCastException: Den angivna omvandlingen är inte giltig.
vid Franson.DAO.DAOReaderBase.m_GetUtcDateTime(Object item, Object itemMilliSeconds)
vid Franson.DAO.DAOReaderBase.GetUTCDateTime(IDataReader reader, String strFieldName)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.DAO.ReportDataProviderLogReaderDAOSQL.GetPeriodProcessInfo(Int32 iProviderID, Int32 iApplicationID, ExecutionPlan execPlan, String[] keys)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Provider.ReportDataProviderLog.GetPeriodProcessInfo(Int32 iProviderID, Int32 iApplicationID, ExecutionPlan execPlan, String[] keys)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Provider.ReportDataProvider.IsPeriodDirty(Int32 iApplicationID, DateTime start, DateTime end, ParameterValues parameters)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Command.SendReportCmdExeOutgoing.m_ProcessReport(Report report, Int32 iRendererID)
vid Franson.Message.Queue.m_SendItem(IQueueSender sender, QueueItem item, Boolean bRequiresAck)
2011-12-06 23:47:02.0312 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | Franson.DAO.NotFoundException | Report ID = 5 does not exist (Franson.DAO.NotFoundException)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.DAO.ReportReaderDAO.GetById(Int32 iID)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.ReportReader.GetById(Int32 iID)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Command.SendReportCmdExeOutgoing.GetReport(Int32 iReportID)

2011-12-06 23:52:00.7187 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | System.InvalidCastException | System.InvalidCastException: Den angivna omvandlingen är inte giltig.
2011-12-06 23:52:01.1718 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | Franson.DAO.NotFoundException | Report ID = 5 does not exist (Franson.DAO.NotFoundException)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.DAO.ReportReaderDAO.GetById(Int32 iID)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.ReportReader.GetById(Int32 iID)
vid GpsGate.Reporting.v3.Command.SendReportCmdExeOutgoing.GetReport(Int32 iReportID)

2011-12-06 23:54:00.1718 | Error | 5 | Queue.m_SendItem | System.InvalidCastException | System.InvalidCastException: Den angivna omvandlingen är inte giltig.

Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Do you have remote desktop? If thats the case send the login info to support@gpsgate.com

1. What exact version of ODBC driver are you using. (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Source (ODBC) -> Syste DSN)
2. What exact version of MySQL are you running.
3. What is the output of this SQL:

Code: Select all

SHOW CREATE table reportv3_data_provider_state;
4. What is the output of this SQL:

Code: Select all

SELECT report_data_provider_id, application_id, key_hash, state_checkpoint, process_time FROM reportv3_data_provider_state ORDER BY report_data_provider_state_id DESC LIMIT 20;

Regards,
GpsGate Support
Bjorn Andersson

Incan

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:36 pm

E-mail sent!

/I

Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:23 pm

This issue occurs when running MySQL version 5.0 and below.
Patch.3019 version 3.0.0.3147 addresses this issue.

Regards,
GpsGate Support
Bjorn Andersson

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”