catpl

RE: Drivers Journal - give feedback

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Support,

Merry Xmas!

1. I log in as a admin and I CANNOT see the journal info
"Driver: < Vehicle: No vehicle found"

2. I log in as the driver and I can see the journal info and the vehicle trips

Question: Can the admin see the driver journal from its own interface or only the login user with its role "Driver with Journal" can see its own driver's journal. I have created a Driver Views successfully showing the driver name (associated with the particular vehicle)

Note: In the role panel, I have tick all features for admin.

catpl

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Any answer?

Can administrator and operator see the driver's journal?
According to the guide, I understand that you will have to create a new username to see the driver's journal. So if I have 10 drivers, i will need to create 10 users and login separately to view the drivers' journal.

husky92

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 am

Hi!

I am trying to understand the setup of the Drivers journal.

The pilot customer willing to test it but I am already struggling to get the setup correct.

One user is driving two different vehicles where a drivers journal is needed. I have created a separate login for the driver (user) according to the doc, but I can only connect one vehicle to the user. The user needs to manage drivers journal for at least two different vehicels. How do I do this?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Henrik
GpsGate

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:42 pm

catpl: Administrators can see the Journal for all drivers that have the "_DriverJournal" Role. A driver can only see the Journal for his own trips.

husky92: You connect a driver to one default vehicle. If your drivers use a driver-id like iButton they can see the trips on multiple vehicles that they have been driving. A driver can not see trips driver by another driver.

husky92

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you Henrik!

In our case, we do not have the driver-id from the GPS devices. The typical case is that a driver may have one or more private car(s) and a company car, all owned by the company. The driver will be using the 2-3 cars dependant on type of activity.

I think the solution needs to support the option for the driver to select a car/vehicle and then create the journal for the trips.

Please also note that a driver may have different roles in the system, even administrative roles.

Your answer to catpl regarding the Administrator is somewhat confusing: What do you mean by Administrators in this case? Which specific rights do you need? And will he see all trips for all vehicles (users with _Unit role) driven by drivers (users with _DriverJournal Role) based on driver-id AND the default vehicles linked to these drivers?

Please try to clarify the conceptual idea and the terms used: Driver, Vehicle, Administrator, Trip, "User with _DriverJournal Role", etc.

Thank you! This solution has great potential but still needs some tuning.

Best Regards,

kilosec

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello Henrik

Trying to get the Driver Journal working on my clients application. Have ticked the Driver Journal privilege in Admin in the clients application. When I log into the clients application:

1. The Trip Map is for Canada not South Africa
2. "Vehicle: No Vehicle Found" and an error message "The current driver has not driven any vehicles"
3. Insert something under "Category" and I get "Failed to save a journal. ERROR: Driver user ID not set"

Can you please assist me to get this right I cant find useful instructions in the manual.

Eddie

hpi

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Hello,

I'm finding this plugin very confusing. If I am a private car owner, using this plugin for a logbook, then I need seperate logins for the journal and to monitor my vehicle??
If I'm the only driver it makes sense to have one login for both functions.

Please give me feedback, maybe my understanding of this is not correct.

kilosec

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:10 am

Henrik
Journal working quite nicely but suddenly no data coming through for the 5th and 6th of March for my clients two vehicles. Checked on VT application and all data is there and available. Why is the position data not coming through to the journal now when it was working so well up to 4th March? Tried changing dates and Day - Week - Month but still no data. Please help

Kilosec

JonasJ

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Kilosec,
The journal is generated when you view a certain time period of a Driver Journal in VT. The journal is also pre-generated each night, make sure there is a scheduled task named "DJProcessingApp7" (or some other digit at the end) in SiteAdmin -> System Tools -> Scheduled Tasks. Check that the last executed time was last night.

Anything in the IIS error log around the time when you view the journal? Anything in the NMEA Service error log around midnight to 3 AM?

Please send the logs to support [at] gpsgate.com.

Best Regards,
Jonas J
GpsGate Support

kilosec

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Jonas, Thank you so much for coming back to me.

This is what I got from Admin and APP is the Journal Application in question.

DJProcessingApp293 Driver Journal Processing 10 2013/03/08 02:00:01 AM 2013/03/09 02:00:00 AM Scheduled GpsGateDefaultScheduler

So I take it that the Journal is scheduled to do 8 March as of as of 02:00 on the 9th march. I will have to get the logs from my server and will send them to you. Will we still be able to see the Journal from the 5th to the 8th?

Eddie

JonasJ

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Eddie,

If there is track data during those days, the journal should already have been generated since there is a scheduled task DJProcessingApp. If there were errors, these should be in the NMEA service log around 2 AM each night.

If there is a bug, when it is fixed you will be able to create the Journal for the missing time period for a driver by viewing the Driver Journal in VT.

Best Regards,
Jonas J
GpsGate Support

kilosec

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Jonas

Again thanks for the feed back. There is data for the missing days. I am just waiting to get the files from my server guy and I will check for errors.

Thanks

Eddie

Machtl

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:43 am

hi,

tried out driverjournal. than i removed the plugin, but now many errors show up, and there is still a lot of driverjournal stuff around in the application. variables, templates, scheduler, etc... how to remove driverjournal completely???

martin

123arg

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 pm

If the driver forgets to give a trip a category (business provate or other), then that trip will not appear in any of the Driver Journal Reports since the category is left blank.

Maybe include a "blank" category in the report so that they will show up? Then one could see the missing trips in an email report and ask the driver to categorize them.

Thank you!

gpsgaten00b

Re: Drivers Journal - give feedback

Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:42 am

^^^ Thats a good idea. Also, the drivers get lazy to log into a computer to fill drivers journal, but if they had the ability to complete the journal on the mobile version, that would be really good

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”