darenn

History position. Will not be processed by Live...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello,
how is possible disable prevent process History position. Will not be processed by Live Event Rules?
I need receive information about locator activity (LAIPAC S911BL - Gshock senzor) in every time when is alert started. But when is GPS possitoin in history, will not inform me about this alert because return only message: History position. Will not be processed by Live Event Rules...

Thank you
Damian

GpsGate Support edit:

We created a blog guide that explain in detail this topic:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/live_and_buffered_data_how_it_works_with_gpsgate_server

johan
GpsGate

RE: History position. Will not be processed by Live...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes, "Live Event Rules" will not consider buffered data that is sent from the tracker.

For example if you tracker sends up a new current position (which is processed by the Live Event Rules) and after that starts to send up old buffered data. Then the old data is not considered by the Live Event Rules and you will find a message about that in the Terminal. However all data is used in the 3.0 reports, including the Event reports.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

darenn

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Originally posted by johan

Yes, "Live Event Rules" will not consider buffered data that is sent from the tracker.

For example if you tracker sends up a new current position (which is processed by the Live Event Rules) and after that starts to send up old buffered data. Then the old data is not considered by the Live Event Rules and you will find a message about that in the Terminal. However all data is used in the 3.0 reports, including the Event reports.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Johan, thank you, but we need process all incomming locator datas because our client working without GPS signal but GSM system working still. This clients use LAIPAC as emergency system. When he will have accident we dont know about this. Can you help for us? We have paid for firt some licencies and we will need more (about 500 and more).

Thank you Damian

johan
GpsGate

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Can 7you send some Terminal data which demonstrates this to support@gpsgate.com

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

johan
GpsGate

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:18 pm

This should now be fixed, please update the Laipac plugin:
http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13031

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Jakub

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:13 am

Hello,
We have problem with message "History position. Will not be processed by Live Event Rules..." too.
We are using LAIPAC S911BL and we monitor whether is the tamper open or closed.
We have installed the plugin you mentioned in your last post.
The signals (tamper open, tamper closed)I mapped to custom boolean2 and custom boolean3.
But sometimes they are considered as history position and does not trigger the live alarm.
Can you help us?
Thank you Jakub

johan
GpsGate

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm

First of all make sure all plugins are up to date. Go to SiteAdmin -> Plugins and update any plugin listed as "red".

If you still have problems, please use the Terminal, and send us data for the occations you have problems with and we will take a look at it. Send Terminal data to support at gpsgate.com

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

Jakub

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I have sent email with data from terminal about week ago. I have not received any response. Can you please commit that you got the email ?
We are in hurry. We need at least know if it is possible to correct this problem and estimated time. Our customers are waiting. (We need to order signal amplifier and signal repeaters, order licences, but we cannot do it before we are sure this problem would be solved)

Thank you very much
Jakub

johan
GpsGate

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Yes, we will take a look at this.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

alex355f1

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I have the same problem ("historical position. Rules will not be processed by the event live ...") with GV300. I need to be considered old position.

Thank you.

Hus

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:28 pm

hi
same problem teltonika 5300 , i think it is not device dependent issue it is related how event rule works , history should be considered 3 or 4 hours not if newer point arrives with few seconds delay, this feature is killing me long time ago , it can stop alarms that should be generated keeps driver name hidden etc. i have a long list with problems from this feature, i think the core of event rule was built when no devices were sending present point first and GGS did not keep track of this new feature in new devices, i vote to make process history data in our hand in coming updates we either select or not
regards

ilan_sunstone

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 am

Hi,

We experienced a situation where we manually inserted a record, via the normal device connector, that was "ahead of time". Each subsequent normal upload from the device received the warning "History position. Will not be processed by Live Event Rules" - I expect this because technically the device is now behind the manually inserted record.

Is there a way to fix this? i.e. to delete any records for a device that are newer than a certain date.

We were lucky in that the manual entry was only a few hours ahead of actual device time, so it eventually caught up and then entries were logged without the warning anymore. But it might happen that someone sets a device time incorrectly, or we do a manual insert by mistake that is too far in the future. It would be good to be able to rectify the situation

Thanks
Ilan

johan
GpsGate

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:24 am

GpsGate will ignore a message more than 12 hours ahead.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

juanjogpsgate
GpsGate

Re: History position. Will not be processed by Live...

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi,

we created a blog guide that explain in detail this topic:
http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/live_and_buffered_data_how_it_works_with_gpsgate_server

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”