multitechsb

RE: GpsGate Server improvements, feedback requested!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 pm

When exporting tracks points in csv/kml format, the exported data shows time stamp in UTC. It would be better to have an option to export in local time.

GpsGate comment: Customize the BreadCrumb report http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13289

Higgs

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:59 pm

When is this update likely to be released as stable?

GpsGate comment: We make constant new plugin releases and updates http://forum.gpsgate.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=36

limyo

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:36 am

Originally posted by multitechsb

When exporting tracks points in csv/kml format, the exported data shows time stamp in UTC. It would be better to have an option to export in local time.

Yes I think as Multitechsb, it should be exported in local time.

Best regards

Yo Lim

limyo

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Current version show device status off line when it disconnect from server 10mn.
I suggest this time limit should be editable by administrator for whole system or assign offline time limit for each application.

Thanks
Best regards

Yo Lim

GpsGate comment: Use the off line expression, and add an Icon notifier. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/customizing_the_vehicle_list

ggsgeek

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

We use cleanup plugin and it helps us kepp our database relatively very small. Almost all our applications are configured to keep the data for only last 30 days. Because of this, we ask our customers to export the reports in PDF/CSV and keep an offline local copy of the database as it will be wiped out after 30 days.

This has resulted into huge admin work at customers' end. Along with the CLEAN-UP plugin if you can provide the ability to auto-export the pre-configured reports and KML files of the daily tracks of each vehicle, it'd be really great.

GRACO

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 am

- Easy way to know who is logged in to a VT application, some kind of log when user sign in, wrong passwords, etc... in previous GGS version this kind of information was found in IIS log files, now I cannot find it.

GpsGate comment: We have added "User Actions" to the Terminal plugin http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14083

Dirdnav

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Iam agree with "ggsgeek" I would like to see the Track-Replay in automatic mode. Currently, you have to manually navigate through each track-point to traverse through entire track on the map. If this can be automated, it'd be a great help. There could be a button called Track-Auto-Replay on the Tracks panel which will automatically visually traverse each track-point of the track on the map. just meitrack historical track replay.

husky92

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi!

I have commented on this before, but one really annoying thing which all my users are complaining about in the current version is the missing option to select/deselect the View and Track checkmarks in the vehicle/object list. If you select "Track" for one vehicle in order to analyze and draw tracks, most of the time you would like to hide all other vehicles on the map in order to see the track without any other visible disturbance.

Also, the users are requesting a more simple way to just draw a track for a single vehicle for a specific day.

Thanks,

Oyvind

Danieln

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:18 am

The Ability to send a device Command to all / large selection of devices. Rather than having to individually navigating each vehicle and sending a device command.

GpsGate comment: This is now possible using the "Device Manager" plugin http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10220

hostcr

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 am

Printing features would be a huge improvement. I wish I could print the maps with the tracks and any other detail I choose to view.

hostcr

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:22 am

Definitely concentrate on the aesthetics more. The "Apple Feel" you mentioned before is KEY!!!

hostcr

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 am

Integration with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP would be a great improvement for corporate users who need this for their own fleet tracking and are not resellers.

hostcr

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 am

The ability to create directions, look up addresses and save the route for later use.

hostcr

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 am

Having audio with an alarm might be a nice feature, so that when an alarm goes off you also hear it on your computer speakers. I got this idea from one of our datacenter NOC operators who has an audio alarm when there is an issue with the network.

GpsGate comment: Try the new "Sound Alarm" plugin http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10181

guytracker

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Originally posted by hostcr

Printing features would be a huge improvement. I wish I could print the maps with the tracks and any other detail I choose to view.

This would be useful. Meanwhile I have found SnapaShot to be useful in taking screen shots and printing them

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”