Bolt

RE: GpsGate Server improvements, feedback requested!

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:41 am

VEHICLE COLUMNS

At present, any added columns in the vehicle tab will appear in alphabetical order. To be able to arrange them to how I want them to appear would be excellent

GpsGate comment: It is now possible to rearrange the column order in all list views

catpl

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:07 pm

I also support the flexibility to arrange the vehicle columns according to our wishes instead of alphabetical order.

GpsGate comment: This is now possible

ggsgeek

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm

A client of mine just asked for this feature yesterday. They are projecting GGS main interface on projection wall using ceiling-mount projector. They wish to automatically switch over to each vehicle on an interval of 3-5 seconds.

ASB

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Changing the Trackcolour is also necessary. The Gray Colour with Satellit is very difficult to see

ASB

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 pm

it would be nice if a function to print the current map with the current track could be built.

elvi3jo

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:45 am

my votes:
- removing the 3 clicks to draw. (Improve that please)
- Mouse over Icon to show attributes

my ideas
-auto hide menu like http://www.oxylusflash.com/files/1638/index.html I know that uses flash, but you know how to use html.
-load Icon image at setting up new device.
-full screen option for larger monitors or TVs
- groups button (show-hide) for vehicles , users or devices, like sales, executives, foreign , trailers, trucks, cars etc. I saw something like that in the video section but we have to do 10000 steps.
( please think about the blonde chief assistant I have to deal with at my customer's office) [:D]

GpsGate comment:
You can right click on a vehicle and draw today's track
Use Views to group vehicles

Nome

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am

For me, Just consolidating all the features you have implemented so that they work perfectly and easy to implement.

I would also like very much if Garmin + A1 tracker is fully implemented and worked well. This is really important to us.

Oh and also my request for an event to when a vehcile has accumulate a certain milage for example when a vehicle reaches 20k KM will set off an even/alarm that the vehicle is due for maintenance. Or a report of on vehicle milage for a specified period.

Perhaps for the future look at developing an add-on feature for vehicle /management/maintenance through an interface with the MySQL database. The MySQL database has a wealth of data that can be used for such an application. I am talking more like access forms and fleet usage and reports.

GpsGate comment:
Fleet Maintenance http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15434
Server side _Odometer http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

john.survey.2010

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 pm

For FMS:
1. A vehicle maintenance module covering details like vehicle make/model, service history, service due alerts
2. Ability to draw routes on the map to check its implementation down the path.

For Dispatch:
A revenue module calculating money/km linking it with Driver id or the vehicle id in the db and reports like revenue generated in a day/week/month, per driver, per vehicle

These would make GpsGate more sellable to serious customers who already have these options available in market.

jhcasey

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 am

I know this has been mention in some other threads but I think the ability to update dispatch job staus from the Garmin would be a nice addition? Do you think this will be implemented with the next release? Will this also be available in the smartphone version that you are currently working on?

Cheers

Danieln

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 am

Service History / Service due alerts based on KM as above.

Graphing ability for reports, ie, for temp monitoring.

GpsGate comment:
Fleet Maintenance http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15434
Server side _Odometer http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15099

cesarz

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Option to block outgoing SMS communication for account. It shouldnt be hard to do i guess.

sowmach

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 pm

We need some charts for fuel level and temperature on reports, and some fuel gauges on vehicle tracker panel.

SkyKnight

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:39 am

Dispatch service with Android and apple devices. The operator can press a buttom in order to confirm the order and the system can update automatically. In case the operator don't take the order use a variant so the system can modify the dispatch order in a way that after (10s, 20s, 60s etc) if the operator don't take the order ask for another operator or spread the order request to all operators.

Dreaming has no price....except on a hotel.

Nome

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 pm

I don't know why but i found the previous report creation interface easier than the current one. With the E-mail activation when i want daily is still ask to pick weeks which dosen't make any sense to me.

With the previous report creation interface i was able to set custom periods or monthly periods. With the new report engine its just days weekly and monthly and no custom period.

Also the new report generation takes longer. It always ask me to either wait,send it when complete or view partial report. Does anyone experience the same thing?

I like the report creation options and interface from the previous version but its really nice to have the new type of reports and backend customisation that the new report engine has.

GpsGate comment: Custom periods are now available in the new reporting framework.

hpi

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:18 pm

1. Fuel report with graph. Have fuel level and km's traveled as the axes. Select time period for graph, Then it is easy to see if the gradient suddenly changed...indicating fuel theft.

2.Total Distance Traveled report. Selecting a vehicle, select time period, and see the total distance traveled. This will be helpful to determine service intervals.Maybe this is already possible?

3. Notifications menu. This can be used to enter vehicle license renewal dates, service due dates etc, then a notification can be send to the user to indicate that certain items needs his attention.
For instance, a driver's license expiry date can be entered when registering a new driver, then when the expiry date arrives, or before, a notification can be send to indicate that something needs attention.

Return to “GpsGate Server - How to setup and use”