A lot of good ideas here. I would like to add the following:
- Improved control of access to Commands to send to the trackers. Currently the only option in SiteAdmin is Admin/Not Admin. Since new admin/operator roles can be created, this option is no longer clear. It should be possible to link specific commands to roles
- Improvement to some Admin-Users list view: Show connected tracking unit names in the list, add/remove columns to view, control paging to show all in one list
- In Admin-Features-Edit I would like to also se the user id(login)
- Possibility to add "user defined" attributes to the user, like internal vehicle ID or car-plate id's
- A full size panel for managing geofences, and the possibility to add user-defined attributes to the geofences (project number or other internal references for use in reporting)
- Event rule to catch the event where alarms are not closed within a certain time. This will add the possibility to escalate alarm notifications. This will be very useful (if not necessary) when the system is used for personal security applications (SOS and geofence alarms)
And finally, I will repeat an important issue which have been discussed a lot
- You should seriously consider to add the possibility to add contacts (users with no login role) to be used for notifications. This should also work for the new "Driver" role users. If necessary, differentiate license costs.
Good luck with the improvements!
- You have two privileges _ExecuteSpecialCommandAll and _ExecuteCommandAll to controal command access.
- User management and lists has been improved in v3.1
- Use the "Tag Notifier" plugin to create dynamic tags with vehicles. http://gpsgate.com/blogComment/how_to_use_tag_notifiers
- Users which only receives email/SMS notifications no longer require a license