johan
GpsGate

SmartPhone interface - give feedback

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:52 pm

SmartPhone interface - give feedback

We are currently developing a first version of a Smartphone interface, which should be much better than the current mobile phone interface, hopefully ... :-) someting to use for iPhone, Android and iPad.

Please let us know your feedback, and specific requests in this area, and we will consider it. Post as reply in this topic or send info to support@gpsgate.com

Please note that it is not 100% certain we will release this upgrade, and we do not commit to actually implement any specific requested functionallity. If things go well we will have a new or updated plugin out in a month.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

peetee

RE: SmartPhone interface - give feedback

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:33 pm

1. Please try to detect device type to adjust layout for a target device
2. Vehicle seletion workflow for monitoring should consider 10 vehicles and more in application (some filter would be helpful)
3. Online tracking without need of refreshing would be great (main disdvantage of current VT)
4. Dispatch plugin for communication would be great - something that was discussed in early dispatch functionality.
5. Reporting current position (based on GPS or CellID) of logged in user (client functionality) would give it killer app status :) - should be easy for iOS and Android
6. Sound notifications (alarms).
7. Light notifications - blinking (alarms)

I will update my post later

Regards,
Piotr

limyo

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 am

I have the following suggestion:
1- Vehicle status: Not connect, Offline, Online but no position, Online.
2- Setting:
-Auto update: 10s, 20s, 30s, 1mn
-Map size: 800 x 640, 640 x 480, 240 x 320 ......
-Map: Open street, Google (Map, Satellite, Hydrid...)
-Map zoom: 10, 13, 15......
-Time zone: ......
-Language:......
3- Map zoom icon should be large for easy touch.
4- Should have "logout" for user can go to see another application.

Thanks
Best regards
Limyo

bjoman

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 am

For a start i would be satisfied with a simple interface showing:
(Need to have)
View 1 - List of vehicles (vehicle name) with std status color, green/red/yellow
View 2 - Position on Goolge Map of selected vehicle from list (above). Posibility to select terrain, map or satelite.
View 3 - Vehicle info & status of selected vehicle. Speed, mapped input/output etc.
View 4 - In all views above have a icon (or color) for showing alarm/alert. Possibility to look on alarm data and close alarm, when clicking this icon/color.

(Nice to have)
View 4 - Commands of selected vehicle.
- Choose from std-version what vehicles/users to show on smartphone interface.
- List of events the last 24 hours for selected vehicle
- on iPhone (and Android?) use 2-finger zoom.

I think it would be better to start with a simple Smartphone interface.

bjoman

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi

What is the status of the Smartphone interface?

Thanks
Bjoman

johan
GpsGate

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:37 pm

It will not be part of the coming Core update, which is now in beta, and there is more information about here:
http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13206

We will most likely (no guarantee) release a SmartPhone interface as part of next Core update. A couple of months away that is.

Regards,
Johan

GpsGate Support

telinfo

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 am

Hi Guys

1. Speed of vehicle
2. Zoom function for maps

I think the smart phone interface and the iPad interface should be separate apps because for the phone interface it is important to keep it graphically simple like it is now but for the iPad you can have much more functionality and graphics.

Regards, Paul

telinfo

Fredrik

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi again,
Just thought I'd bump this thread to let you know that the mobile interface is under more active development again now. As @bjoman suggests above we'll try to start relatively simple and gradually build based on user feedback.
So keep posting ideas! (preferably grouped in categories such as "essential", "nice", "cool" etc :) )

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

guytracker

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm going to throw a curve ball and tell you that I'd like to see Blackberry included in the mix.

Or maybe it's not necessary. My Blackberry torch is able to display the normal GGS on it's browser, however the screen is too small for convenient use and the touch interface doesn't have enough resolution (thick fingers).

Maybe then we don't need a specific smartphone app. What we just need is the ability for a user to create their own "smartphone" interface in GGS itself that can be switched to via the "view" tab, or simply by a specific webfolder similar to the VT app.

You could create the smartphone interface with the normal windows (ie duplicate the normal interface) but then allow the user to remove or move windows as needed, similar to the current GGS interface editing functions. Apart from the enable/disable/move editing options, it would also be necessary to give the user the ability to increase font & button sizes to suit their smartphone.

So basically I'm just saying that the current interface works on (some) smartphones, but the user needs to be able to duplicate it into an ADDITIONAL interface and then be able to edit it into a smartphone interface to suit their needs.

Fredrik

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Hopefully Blackberry will work (at least v6 and later).
Being able to customize the mobile VT by simply enabling features(typically a feature per mobile screen) one-by-one is something we'll investigate.
Ideally the mobile VT should be able to do all, or at least most, of the things "real" VT supports, just via a mobile-adapted UI. Though, as said, initially it will start simpler.
VT mobile will hopefully be part of the overall simplification process we've initiated: http://forum.gpsgate.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13447 (where I can see you have already posted :))

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

SkyKnight

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Johan, is quite important to release a smartphone interface, where you can at least place the command of Engine cut and google maps friendly. Android and Apple is a most. Regards

Dreaming has no price....except on a hotel.

Rainer2

Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:06 pm

so when will a first Alpha or Beta be available?
How to install?

How shall we give you feedback about errors/imorovements, when we have nothing to test?

Thank you, Rainer

Fredrik

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Not quite ready for beta yet. Pending that, please give your general ideas - ideally, how would you like to use such an application? What are your must-have features?
There's often lot of value from a mind that is "unpolluted" by an existing implementation too :)

Regards,
Fredrik Blomqvist

GpsGate Support

emalanre

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 am

Please, include blackberry

Bjorn_Andersson
GpsGate

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Mobile Beta released 2011-12-16