Note: for an updated version of this and other articles, we recommend you to check our knowledge base here
This plugin can enable SMS for GpsGate Server by using Clickatel's SMS Gateway. More info about Clickatel here - http://www.clickatel.com
Follow these steps to install :
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins
3. Download and install Clicktel driver.
Make sure port 8008 is opened in your firewall.
Configure Clickatel Gateway account
1. Create a Clickatel account by http://www.clickatell.com/products/gateway.php
2. Login to your account.
3. Click on "Manage my Products".
4. Add a new connection of type "HTTP".
You now have one way SMS. You can send notifications from GpsGate Server to mobile phones.
If you want to use SMS for GPS device management and receive position reports over SMS from GPS devices you need "Two-Way Messaging". Follow those optional steps:
1. Order a MO number from Clickatel. It takes a couple of days for them to setup.
2. Go to "Manage my Products". Click on "Two-Way Messaging"
3. Click on "Edit" for your new MO Number.
4. Set "Reply Path" to "HTTP GET"
5. Set "Target Address" to
NOTE! If you specify a Route Label the incoming URL will change to:
6. Click "Commit" to save.
You need to make sure your MO number is used as Sender ID for SMS sent from Clickatel Gateway to your devices. To do this you need to contact Clickatel support. But the process is ruffly like this:
7. Go to "My Settings"
8. Click on "Manage Sender IDs"
9. Click on "Add Sender ID"
10. Write in your MO Number and submit.
11. Write anything as verification in next step. And then contact Clickatel support to complete the process.
Configure GpsGate Server
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to "Settings -> SMS"
3. Select "ClickatelProvider" in drop down.
4. "Name", can be anything.
5. "Url" should be like this:
api_id - is the API ID you find in your Clickatel account.
user - is the username to your clickatel account.
password - is the password to your Clickatel account
from - is the MO number if you use two-way-sms
6. Click Save
Now SMS is enabled on your server!
Note! If you have a two-way solution you may need to add &mo=1 to the URL to get correct SenderID from Clickatel. It seems that is required in some parts of the world.
You can use the "Send Test SMS" feature under "Settings" in SiteAdmin.
All sent and received SMS can be monitored in the Terminal. You can also send SMS directly from the Terminal. More info:
Check "ErrorLog" for errors. More info under "LogFile" plugin: