GpsGate Client supports that you use an environment variable as username when log in to the server. And the environment variable %USERNAME% contains the username of the Active Directory login. So that can be used as a link.
This only works when running GpsGate Client as an application, and not when running GpsGate Client as a Windows Service. Tracking will start when a user logs into the laptop. Tracking will be on logged in user and not on vehicle.
Here are all steps:
* Setup GpsGate Client *
1. Open the Settings dialog for GpsGate Client.
2. Go to Advanced.
3. Make sure you click "Show more options"
4. Check "Share settings for all user accounts".
5. Go to Input. Set the input you need.
6. Go to Outputs. Set the outputs you need.
7. Make sure you have one output that sends data to GpsGate Server.
8. Set username to "hello" to + password that must be the same for all clients.
* Edit the .ggxml file to use %USERNAME%
1. Open the file C:\Program Files\Franson\GpsGate 2.0\Instances\Default\ActiveOutput\com.gpsgate.output.chain.X.ggxml (where "X" can be any number)
2. Change "hello" to %USERNAME%
Before: <CustomData name="Username" type="string">hello</CustomData>
After: <CustomData name="Username" type="string">%USERNAME%</CustomData>
3. Save file.
4. Restart GpsGate Client.
Now GpsGate Client will try to login to GpsGate Server using the Active Directory username + the password you set earlier.
* Register username in GpsGate Server *
1. Login to GpsGate Server.
2. Add new User.
3. Select "Laptop" as user type.
4. Enter the Active Diretory username and Name.
5. Enter the common password
Now the laptop can login using the registered Active Directory username in GpsGate Server!
Let me know if you get stuck in any step!
The password needs to be the same for all GpsGate Clients!
How to deploy GpsGate without user interaction on Windows