amt

How to stop GpsGate connecting to mobile internet?

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 am

Hi Guys

Everytime I run GG 2.6 it connects to mobile 3g network. Why does it do this? Can I stop it from automatically connecting to mobile internet as I would like to avoid the data charges associated with 3g connection.

I use GG for my tomtom navigation on a Samsung Omnia with WM 6.1.

johan
GpsGate

RE: How to stop GpsGate connecting to mobile internet?

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Remove any output that sends data over any network. You can see which outputs you have added when you open the settings dialog and click on the "Output tab"

If you are unsure what the different outputs are, write them down as an answer here and I'll say what each does.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

larsh52

Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Johan,

I also have the same problem and have tried to delete outputs, which include (GpsGate Direct) and (Virtual COM6)but a command comes up 10019: Cannot remove GpsGate Direct Output.. Virtual COM6 says Running OK

richardhula

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Firstly you cannot delete GpsGate Direct Output, it's inherant in the basic working of GpsGate.

I think your 3g connection may be caused be built in GPS trying to gain access to the net to update almanac. On my iPAQ 6915 an application called "Quick GPS connection" runs in the background regularly trying to update. GpsGate turns on your built in GPS & that's (maybe) when a similar application kicks in. The answer for me was to create dummy network connection (leave all the parameters blank) & make that the default. You can always change it back.

Regards Richard

larsh52

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi,

I have tried doing that..but it still trys to connect, will not let me set as default.... samsung i900 omnia. :-(

larsh52

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Although in settings there is an online status at the top of the settings is there a version without online.... I saw a you tube setup and it does not seem to have a online version of it.. when you click on the gps gate settings comes up at the bottom with an online icon at the top of settings...

richardhula

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:36 am

I'm guessing that GpsGate is not responsible for your automatic 3G connection, it's the built in GPS itself. You could also test my theory by running any other application that starts up the GPS. If you still get your device trying to connect to Internet, try disabling any Quick connection application used to speed up GPS fix. This assistance is not necessary for the normal functioning of the GPS. It just makes it quicker to get a lock if you haven't used it for some time or have moved a great distance.

Richard

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”