richardhula

GpsGate build 239

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:44 am

Thanks for latest version Johan running on XP Pro + SP2 laptop. I note that "Gps in browser" is added to output.

The web demo works fine when GpsGate is run direct, but fails when run as service. I also now have intermittent problem when re-starting service (after exiting GpsGate) - I regularly get message "1056: Could not start GpsGate service". This is sometimes fixed with re-boot but seems to return when I try to re-start service.

Please advise.

Regards - Richard

johan
GpsGate

RE: GpsGate build 239

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:11 am

We'll take a look at the service issue and release a fix as soon as possible.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:40 pm

The service can now be stopped in build 241. The error occurred when you had accessed "GPS in browser".

To use "GPS in browser" in service mode, you need to manually create a file called "whitelist.txt" under "My Documents\GpsGate\GpsInBrowser" for the user the service runs under.

I know this is not ideal :-) this new feature currently works best if running GpsGate as a normal applicaiton, which is default. We will improve this in coming versions of GpsGate.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

richardhula

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks for fix Johan, but some comments: I installed build 241 over 239 having first stopped GpsGate service. Install ok but got message "Service could not be Deleted" at end plus request to re-boot.

Service starts/stops ok now but browser demo will not work either direct (tried that first) or when run as service (after manually creating white list).

Tried with both Opera & IE7 browsers but get "Request not permitted by user" when clicking on GPS info button.

Eventually got permissions box up when running GpsGate direct, but I still get not permitted message when run as service.

Regards - Richard

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:04 pm

"GPS in Browser" is limited in its functionality when running GpsGate as a service. For full functionality you need to run GpsGate as a normal application.

You can do some work arounds.
0. Stop the service
1. Run GpsGate as an application.
2. White list all pages you want to use, but browsing to them and select "Yes, always"
3. Configure "Franson GpsGate 2.0" service to run under your user account in the control panel.
4. Exit GpsGate
5. Start GpsGate as a service.

This is verified to work. However there are limitations, the whitelist must be set before you start GpsGate as a service.

We will try to improve this for coming versions of GpsGate, for now the best experience with this feature is by running GpsGate as a normal app.

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

richardhula

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks for info Johan. For the record I have one entry in my white list: http://franson.com/gpsgate/gps.html

This allows the demo to work with GpsGate direct but not with service. Still get "Request not permitted". I don't know what else to add to white list to make this work.

In any case it's no big deal, just thought you would like to know.

Regards - Richard

johan
GpsGate

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”