Horsepower

RE: GPSGate and 64 bit Vista

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Johan, Installed on 64 bit Vista and placed the driver. It allows iTrek Z1 to connect to S&T 2007 via bluetooth but NOT USB. Data Logger allowed USB, but cannot read log before or after GPSGate via bluetooth. <fwiw> I was given a license when I bought my Z1, but am currently using a stand alone Nuvi, so I may just play with this until it expires.

jb1

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 am

Originally posted by johan

Finally we have a solution for 64-bit Vista
http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8252

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Failed to create virtual port - error 1275
drivers\bizVSerialNT.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.
Read Support for Vista x64 added. More info:
Tried F8 boot, unsigned driver
copied driver as suggested
logged on as admin
nothing works, is there a real Vista 64 bit solution?
Using version 2.6.0.340

bnoonan

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:12 am

Vista 64-bit users: Johann has done it! I get it to install and followed his instructions to copy the bizVSerialNT.sys file to the Windows System32 folder. I first had to download the latest version of GPS Gate 2.6.
I tried configuring it to share data, but my GPS reading program says that another app. (Franson GPS Gate) is using the USB data.

Almost there!
Bruce

bnoonan

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 am

I also notice that GPS Gate still gives the error message:

[1275] Failed to create virtual serial port

at the bottom of the Output tab screen in setup. My GPS application cannot find any data on the COM1 port.

Bruce

jb1

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:44 am

Originally posted by bnoonan

Vista 64-bit users: Johann has done it! I get it to install and followed his instructions to copy the bizVSerialNT.sys file to the Windows System32 folder. I first had to download the latest version of GPS Gate 2.6.
I tried configuring it to share data, but my GPS reading program says that another app. (Franson GPS Gate) is using the USB data.

Almost there!
Bruce

Are you saying that you copied the file to Windows System 32 folder or Windows System 32 Driver folder as Johann suggests?
Can you create a virtual port? (To share data)

wzgy

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Originally posted by bnoonan

I also notice that GPS Gate still gives the error message:

[1275] Failed to create virtual serial port

at the bottom of the Output tab screen in setup. My GPS application cannot find any data on the COM1 port.

Bruce

You should update your software to v2.6.0.340,then you can see "running OK".
At first, my gpsgate also gives the error message when my version is 2.6.0.312.

wzgy

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Thank you very much!
I have solved the problem!

Dimchansky

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Regards,
Johan

Franson Support

Now I got the error:
[2] Failed to create virtual serial port
Any idea?

bnoonan

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:54 am

I got it to run with another application, but had to use COM2 to read the NMEA output from my USB Garmin Etrex Vista HCx. However, I next switched back to reading Garmin USB output with the same program, and it could not read anything. Next, put my GPS app back into serial NMEA mode, closed my app and re-opened it, but it said that all the COM ports were in use this time. Hmm. is there a release for the ports one can do so that they can later be re-initialized?

Also, the first time I used GPS gate, I put it into administrator mode, but when I clicked the "finish" button, I got the dreaded blue screen. I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

One other annoyance: Typed in my license key and it accepted it, but when I re-opened the licence key dialog box, the license was no longer there. Even tried putting GPS gate into admin mode and repeated the process, but it seems to forget that I put in the license key.

Bruce

wolfshadow

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:43 pm

I can't help you with your main problem but as to the license key once you enter the license key it accepts it but does not leave the info in the fields such that if you open the license entry box the fields are empty.

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”