shadowlab

Garmin 10 Bluetooth Problem

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:27 am

Hello, I'm trying to use GpsGate with this GPS, but am having a few problems. The program connects to the GPS over bluetooth just fine, but returns the error:

Code: Select all

Unknown data is coming in

Running OK!
I do have the NMEA log file GPSGate created, but it looks encrypted, so getting any kind of technical data out of the file seems hopeless.

<hr noshade size="1">

EDIT: I tried downloading the windows version and connecting the BT GPS to a COM port, and everything works out fine..... strange.

I don't know why it won't work on my Windows Mobile version.

Andreas2

RE: Garmin 10 Bluetooth Problem

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Hi,

If the log file doesn't contain NMEA (plain text) the device is probably configured to output Garmin data (binary). If so, you need to configure the Garmin 10 to output NMEA data. Read in the Garmin 10 manual how to do this (you got a CD with the device; I think there's a program on that you can use to accomplish this).

If that doesn't work, please describe how GpsGate is configured. It would also be helpful if you could post a sample from the log file.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

doublecheese

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:45 am

Originally posted by shadowlab

EDIT: I tried downloading the windows version and connecting the BT GPS to a COM port, and everything works out fine..... strange.

I don't know why it won't work on my Windows Mobile version.

It's really strange that it works on the PC but not on the PPC.

This Mobile XT is much better than the Garmin Que and really think that it's worth it.

qtromba

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:01 pm

Hi,
I am having the same problem. I am using a HTC TyTn Phone with garmin mobile 10 (bluetooth) and i am trying to set it working wiht Google Maps. I have GPS Gate 2.5 and I have the same error:

Uknkown data is coming in
Running OK!

I didnt find anything in the Garmin Manual to output NMEA data.
And now... Can we make it work?

Thx
Sergio

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”