marcel

garmin iqueM5 and Holux BT 236

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:52 pm

Hello,
I am owner of a garmin iqueM5 and I want to run the built-in software "que" with the Holux BT 236 instead of the built-in receiver. Is that possible with gpsgate 2 and what is the configuration?
Is there anybody who works with the M5 built-in ique and a bluetooth mouse?

Tanks in advance

Many greetings from Luxembourg

Marcel

Andreas2

RE: garmin iqueM5 and Holux BT 236

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi,

This should be possible. To accomplish it follow these steps:

1. Configure the GpsGate input to use the Holux BT 236.
2. Add a Garmin emulator to the output. Select an appropriate port and in the Garmin emulator settings dialog, either enter the unit id manually (you can find it using MapSource) or start the wizard. If you are entering it manually, click ok and you're done. If not:
3. Let the wizard search the COM-ports so that it can find your GPS. Make sure bluetooth is unchecked, since it's time consuming and won't find anything.
4. When the wizard is done, you should see your built-in GPS in the list of devices. Select the built-in GPS and click ok. If your GPS isn't in the list, run the wizard again and check that it looks for the unit id on the appropriate port (it prints a message telling you what it is doing). If it still isn't found, you need to enter the unit id manually. You can find the unit id using MapSource.
5. You should now see a unit id in the Garmin emulator configuration dialog. Click ok.

Now the Garmin emulator is configured to be used with Garmin Que. Next you need to configure Que to use the GpsGate virtual port instead of the internal GPS port. You need to check in the Garmin Que manual to find this setting. I believe the port can be configured under "Settings/System/Interface" or something like that.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

marcel

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I did the 5 steps that you proposed with no problems, but I find nothing to configure Que to use another port. I checked the user manual and the settings on the M5, but I found no possibility to change a port. Have you an idea

Thanks and best regards

Marcel

Chaostar

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi! I'm new here and I'd like to know if GPSGate could be used with the new beta software from Garmin (XT Mobile) to emulate the GPS 10. Other software (GPSProxy) was also used with QUE succesfully but with this new software nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Andreas2

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi,

You should be able to find the port settings under "Menu -> System Settings -> Interface". If that tab isn't available we will need to check if the interface configuration is disabled in Garmin products with built-in devices, and if it is possible to override it.

It would be appreciated if you could get back to me with your results.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

Andreas2

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:27 pm

As for XT, we are aware of the problem. We haven't, however, looked into why and how we can fix it yet.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

doublecheese

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 am

@ Marcel

I have Garmin Ique M5 and a Holux Gpslim 240.

I did everything but my Ique M5 somehow will never work with Holux Gpslim 240. Once I start searching ports the Ique M5 just freezes and needs a soft reset. I tried it with Garmin Que and I-Go 2006 both programs just freeze when I search for the Com Ports. (BTW I-GO doesn't need Gpsgate)

When I use my Holux 240 on my Fujitsu Loox N560 it works perfectly fine although the Fujitsu has a built in SirfStar III gps.

I guess there is a incompability proglem with Ique m5 , because Holux Gps Slim 240 works perfectly fine with other devices I tried.

doublecheese

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:59 am

Originally posted by andreas

As for XT, we are aware of the problem. We haven't, however, looked into why and how we can fix it yet.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

Dear Andreas,
Do you guys have an idea when you guys will look into this problem ?? Because this is the new thing with Garmin and I don't think anybody will continue to use Garmin Que when Mobile XT is out....

IqueM5

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Has any one been able to get the GPSGate to work for IQue M5 with an external Bluetooth GPS?

I searched the entire forum and wouldn't find a single seccessful claim.

Thank you.

IQue M5

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”