jamebong@tm.net.my

Can't connect to Google Earth

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:28 pm

I purchase the license copy of Franson GPSGateway REF# 82870455.
But I still unable to connect to Google Earth..Although I follow the instruction on Web.
Once I try to set the Google Earth at press Add Button, It's prompt No GoogleEarth Instal???[:(][:(]
[V]
FYI, I have the google earth plus license copy.

Please advises.

jamebong@tm.net.my

RE: Can't connect to Google Earth

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:30 pm

Is there any one can help on this... The version I used = GoogleEarth 4.0.1693 purchase at 7/10/06

Andreas2

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi,

You can can take a look at this thread to get it up and running:
http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3988

This will be improved for the next release. Until then, it would be helpful if you could follow up on this:
* Is Google Earth installed for the same user you're logged in as?
* Are you logged in as administrator?

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

jamebong@tm.net.my

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks for your quick reply..

I am new on registry, please advised me how to check the registry based on http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3988

* Is Google Earth installed for the same user you're logged in as?
RE : Yes
* Are you logged in as administrator?
RE: YES

Please help...And thanks in advance

Andreas2

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi,

Do this:
1. Click on Start Menu -> Run.
2. Type "regedit".
3. Now you should see a number of branches starting with "HKEY_". Expand the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" branch by clicking the plus sign next to it.
4. Next, in the same way, expand "Software" then find "Google" and finally "Google Earth Plus". The tree should now look like this:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
   Software
      Google
         Google Earth Plus
If either the "Google" branch or the "Google Earth Plus" branch is missing, GpsGate won't be able to find the installation. So this is step one in identifying the problem.

5. Assuming that all branches above exist, clicking "Google Earth Plus" should cause a bunch of values to be displayed in the right part of the window. In this window we're looking for "InstallDir" and "DefaultKMLPath". GpsGate needs these values to be able to find the installation, so this is step two in identifying the problem.

If everything exists as outlined above, something else is causing GpsGate to not find the installation. In that case, I'll send you a debug version of the Google Earth PlugIn.

If some of the branches does not exist and you do not feel comfortable creating them on your own, let me now and I'll try to come up with some way to fix this without manual intervention.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

jamebong@tm.net.my

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi Andreas Nilsson,

Thanks, finally I got it.

I am now R&D on some tracking application.

Say If, I have a multiple GPS and sending the location at the same time to a TCP IP address..

Have you try before? Can the GPSGate - TCP/IP client handle multiple location and display at Google Earth? If yes, what is the maximum number of device can be support?

Thanks
James

Andreas2

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi,

The Google Earth plugin is currently only able to display a single position. It is an interesting idea for a feature to be able to display several positions though.

You can combine several NMEA sources by using the GpsGate multiplixer. You can get more information on how to use it here:
http://www.franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp?section=Nmea_Multiplexer_200&platform=winxp

However, I frankly don't know what the result will be if you use the multiplexer with the Google Earth plugin.

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

jamebong@tm.net.my

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi

Thanks for your advised..

I don't see any "Use multiple inputs (MUX)" selection in the GPSGate input tab? Whether is it in the 2.0.1.120. PLease forowrd me the link.

Thanks for your support. Nice to talk to you and your excellent support..Enough for today and will get back to you on Monday..

JAMES

Andreas2

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Hi,

The NMEA mux is an "advanced feature" and is therefore hidden by default. To show these, do this:

1. Open the GpsGate dialog (tray icon -> settings).
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
3. Click "Show more options". Several options will immediatelly get visible in the "Advanced" tab.
4. Click on the "Input" tab.
5. Check the "Use multiple inputs (MUX)" checkbox.

Now the NMEA MUX is in play and you can proceed as described in the link provided in the previous post:
http://www.franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp?section=Nmea_Multiplexer_200&platform=winxp

Regards,
Andreas Nilsson
Franson Support

Return to “GpsGate Splitter - How to setup and use”